Newest Chicken Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ArtsyIndi, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ArtsyIndi

ArtsyIndi New Egg

Nov 9, 2015
    Hello Everyone! I haven't posted an introduction here yet but I've been learning from you for about a month. My name is Lila and I am now the proud owner of 5 - 23wk old pullets. They are 2 Ameraucana/mixes, 1 pure, an australorp and a blue marans and they are beautiful! We have build an A-frame pen for them which is working as a heavy tractor. Still need to polish that part up. It's about 30'sq.ft. We also just finished a run attachment which will add another 30' to it or so. Then I won't have to move them about so much.
    Speaking of which, how often should one move a chicken tractor? With no poop board, it gets pretty dirty in there. :( But moving it daily seems hard on the coop. And adding bedding to it seems counter to the letting them "free range" on the grass etc, within. Suggestions? I could shove in a poop board every night...or something. Any other options?

Lila

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Welcome!

3. UlmerChickens

UlmerChickens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2015
    Hi and welcome to BYC!
    I am not a professional in that area but make sure to check the learning center, they're bound to have something on what you are looking for.
    Have a great time at BYC and good luck finding the information on what you are looking for.
    :welcome

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Lila and welcome to BYC. No reason why you should not use a poop board to reduce the frequency of you having to move the tractor. Apart from sweeping poo out of the tractor daily I can't really think of any other options.

Ct

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC & Merry Christmas! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by