Newest Member Here

welcome-byc.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have a nice set of breeds there!

Some people do buy roosters, although generally they can be difficult to place. You might do some chatting in your state thread and talk to your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone there can take some of your boys. Scroll through this link to find your state thread....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

And when you have 20 posts, you can place an ad in our Buy Sell and Trade section. Maybe someone there will take your boys...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16182/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing

Make yourself at home here. If you have any further questions, just let us know.

And we do welcome you to our flock!

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You've gotten some good links for placing roos. Also trying places like your local Craigslist, feed store bulletin board (some feed stores will actually also take birds) etc, if the roos are purebred 4-H programs if someone is looking for a project bird... most extra roos will go for meat, but sometimes people are looking for bug eaters or a flock roo.

I didn't get that second rooster on purpose. He is a silkie ix. He came with a white silkie hen. I didn't want to offend the seller because I really wanted the white silkie hen. He stays outside the pen by himself. The other two are only 10 weeks old.

That can happen easily enough. :eek:) Right now we've got a White Silkie rooster that someone dumped on our property. He's a really cute and friendly little fella, but we don't need him, and so are going to re-home him (hopefully later today).

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I killed my extra rooster last night. Now I have one Black Silkie Rooster and two Black Langshan cockerels that are 11 weeks old. I guess I'll be killing them pretty soon. Anybody know at what age cockerels start causing trouble such as fighting, crowing, treading my hens and/or other roosterish behavior that I haven't considered?

Back
Top Bottom