newly hatched chicks

dadsgirl

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
jay, florida
i was told that once your chicks hatch , they need electrolytes and vitamins in there water, is this true, and if so what kind do i use and for how long ??? thanks, angie

2manyhats

Songster
11 Years
May 18, 2008
Central NY
Others state that it gives the chick a better start. I don't use it and haven't lost any chicks that didn't have a deformity. I just use plan water and sprinkle mash on the paper towels.

chickorama

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Massachusetts
We never put anything in a chick's water before... but maybe someone knows something I don't about keeping them more healthy... I wonder.
hu.gif

Shared Acres

Songster
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
Northeast Fla
This is my first hatch, but I've had two that were a bit sick so I ran out and got Target's brade of pedialite (unflavored).

I have one bowl of water and one bowl of that, and they've been sucking down the pedialite! So if nothing else, they seem to like it!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Quote:
The only thing I do with my chicks water, is to put a tsp. of sugar in a quart of water...It's supposed to make them regain their energy. If you plan on hatching a lot of chicks though, it wouldn't hurt to give them electrolytes. With as much as they drink, one pack would last you FOREVER!!

Top Bottom