newly hatched chicks

dadsgirl

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
jay, florida
i was told that once your chicks hatch , they need electrolytes and vitamins in there water, is this true, and if so what kind do i use and for how long ??? thanks, angie

Others state that it gives the chick a better start. I don't use it and haven't lost any chicks that didn't have a deformity. I just use plan water and sprinkle mash on the paper towels.

We never put anything in a chick's water before... but maybe someone knows something I don't about keeping them more healthy... I wonder.
hu.gif

This is my first hatch, but I've had two that were a bit sick so I ran out and got Target's brade of pedialite (unflavored).

I have one bowl of water and one bowl of that, and they've been sucking down the pedialite! So if nothing else, they seem to like it!

Quote:
The only thing I do with my chicks water, is to put a tsp. of sugar in a quart of water...It's supposed to make them regain their energy. If you plan on hatching a lot of chicks though, it wouldn't hurt to give them electrolytes. With as much as they drink, one pack would last you FOREVER!!

Back
Top Bottom