Newly Introduced Hen to Flock - How Long Until Egg Laying?

HallFarms

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2019
Hi! We recently introduced a new hen to our flock. She has now been with us for a little over a week. I realize she must be stressed and adjusting to an entirely new environment. I was wondering how long I can expect it to take before she starts laying eggs again? (She is a Silkie, if that makes a difference at all)

Thanks in advance!

It's really all up to your hen. She will be stressed until she knows she is fitting into the social order, and the more chickens there are for her to adjust to, the longer it could take. You can make it easier for her by giving her lots of space and places to scoot behind when confronted, and especially making sure she get enough to eat as diet plays a big role in egg laying.

Hi! We recently introduced a new hen to our flock. She has now been with us for a little over a week. I realize she must be stressed and adjusting to an entirely new environment. I was wondering how long I can expect it to take before she starts laying eggs again? (She is a Silkie, if that makes a difference at all)

Thanks in advance!
I’m sure it varies, but our new hen laid her first today. We’ve had her for less than a week.

Attachments

• 50A1A871-86F6-4A1B-A2F0-6B35C7073C98.jpeg
    50A1A871-86F6-4A1B-A2F0-6B35C7073C98.jpeg
    467.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom