Newnan, GA Show

NW GA Poultry Club Feb 5th show is APA & ABA sanctioned Show. For more information please e-mail and we will get it to you. Mail in Deadline is Jan 28 and call in deadline is Feb 1st by 10pm Eastern time.

Special APA/ABA Youth Club Meet & Showmanship Competition!

I will be there, but I don't know that I will be showing any thing. Is anyone bringing Faverolles to sell? I would LOVE to get a few more. :)

Nava - I would like a few Naked Neck eggs. That little chick is simply adorable!

Simply Splendid Silkies - If you don't have any eggs I would like a few chicks if you have them available and if you make it to the show. What part of GA are you moving to?

Since this is my 1st show I have a few questions. How do you keep the chicks that you are buying/selling warm during the time you are at the show? Is there some sort of brooder lamp that you can hook up to the cigarette lighter outlet in your car? I'm just picturing a mini-brooder in the front seat of my mustang. LOL. Is it appropriate to bring chicken items to sell? I make all sorts of chicken themed stuff that I would like to try to sell if possible.

I will be bringing a few grown silkies and possibly some chicks to sell at the show. If anyone is interested please let me know!

Chantay,

When we have babies that we are bringing to a show, we hook a 100 watt light bulb to an inverter that is connnected to a marine battery. It usually lasts about 6 hours. This usually does a fine job. We also fold the seats and leave this in the car, which helps to maintain heat.

is there going to be room for me if I decide to set up outside? or are you only allowed only if you rent one of those pens for $3-5
reason I ask is cause I'm going to have chicks that need a heat lamp so I will have to be by my car!!

Nava last year they had the sale area away from the parking lot. It was in sort of a court yard between the buildings you couldnt park your car there. There were alot of baby chicks for sale last year and I dont remember any being under heat lamps It was pretty warm then though. Hopefully this year it will be just as beautiful, sunny warm but not hot. I do believe you will need a sale pass

I believe we will be entering a few silkies. I will have about 20 black silkie chicks that will be about 3 weeks old by the date of the show. If anyone is interested, I will bring them on a pre-sold basis. They are $10 each.

Back
Top Bottom