Newnan Georgia show Feb 16-17

We are excited about the Newnan Show too! We aren't planning on showing at this time, but may. It can be a lot of work as you all well know getting the large fowl ready to show. We are already planning to set up to sell hatching eggs, chicks, 12 week old started birds, brooders, a cabinet incubator and merchandise. We will also be having a drawing for some of what we bring. Can hardly wait to meet everybody there and get a look at all the birds again. I just hope it's warm.
cool.png

That was the first one I found but I can't find one for 2013. Maybe it's in there somewhere, but i'm not finding it. I found an entry form but it is from last year. I'm sure it's gonna be the same for this year.

I'm still working on making plans to go. DH will have to stay here because somebody has to tend to the critters and the kids are in school. If my niece can come with me i'll be heading on down to Florida to visit some friends and family and my niece has always wanted to go to FL. So we may be able to visit with family she's never met and i'll get to visit them also and see some friends too. If she can't go i'll just come on home after the show. My niece can help drive too. I'm hoping to get a local club member to tend to my birds I bring to show if I get to go on down to FL till I get back home.

I've never been and I sure hope I get to go.

Will anyone have English Orpingtons? If your bringiñg birds to sell please post what you will have. You could have something that other people are wanting

I have several silkie juveniles for sale. $20 each. They are mostly self blue's and splash. The older bunch hatched in October. I didn't keep a hatch record so I don't remember the exactl date but the others I do. They hatched in November. I can provide pics if anybody is interested. I have 1 that is super friendly and would make a great pet. She is a splash but she has a few feathers that has buff on the ends. Not many but they are there. She came from a self blue hen that has splash in her lienage. She bred with a porcelain roo so that is where the buff came from.

I also have 5 (i think) that aren't fully feathered that hatched on Dec 22nd and they are mixed with blue non crested sizzle hen and a WC blue bantam polish. Some are smooth like the polish and some look like silkies. They are 3 that are looking lav, 1 black and 1 blue that is crested. If anybody is interested in any of those I'm asking $2 each. I will do a trade for a SQ buff pullet(s) if anybody is interested in that too.

Here are a few pics of the silkie juveniles. If anybody is interested in any particular one(s) I can get better pics. The paint and blue ones are sold already.

These are the older ones that are from the self blue hens. The white one is from the paint pair but there are no black spots on it and it's a cockereal

These 2 look splash but they came from the self blue hen and porcelain roo

Up front is the one also from the self blue hen and porcelain roo that is super friendly. She has a few feathers that have buff on the ends. The other pic is of her mothering the other chicks that are in this same pen. She's a few weeks older than them. All of the juveniles have vaulted skulls except for 1. None of the chicks from the sizzle/polish mix are vaulted.

Like I mentioned before I will swap for one or two SQ buff pullets. If anybody is interested in the swap PM me and we can work out a fair trade.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom