Newnan, Georgia Show February 20, 2010

Had a great time. Nice to meet so many people. BriarPatch Farms and his mom, JamesA, Sunshinesilkies. The sillkies were very beautiful. I still love them even though I dont' have any anymore. Same way with RIR's .
James thanks for helping me out with some note paper and info.
The black cochins were very nice. Taterschicken bought a nice breeder pair to add to hers.
No blue Orps shown. We are hoping to change that next year. We were just checking it out this year and Their were 2000 birds being shown. Only about 100 or so looked like LF.
Imogene and I did our best to find some Dark cornish Bantam trios for sale but never did. Anyone have any egg?

What great videos! I felt like I was there. I can't believe you've had time to upload ALL those so soon after the show.

Quote:
Do you mind if I use the video of my white silkie roo??? on my website that is?? Since he is my roo that is
wink.png

Last edited:
What a fantastic show!!!! Kudos to the CVPA for a well-run show!!! You could tell that they worked very hard..It was a long drive for us(5hrs) but very well worth it!!! 54 Silkies shown..and what beauties!! Congratulations to everyone for a job well done grooming and preparing your birds! Congratulations to Aimee Crego for BB with her beautiful white silkie hen! She is a real looker and hard to beat!!
I got to meet alot of BYCer's I hadn't met before..
allaboutdemchicks
bamachicken
taterschickens
briarpatchfarms
newnanchic

And my familiar peeps:
T.E.R.
sugarsandfarm

My granddaughter Jessica and sugarsandfarm's granddaughter, Tyler, placed great in the Junior show with their silkies. Jessica placed RV and Tyler placed RB & RV. Congratulations girls for a job well done!! Jessica also placed RV for her Splash OE hen. The club did a great job with the Junior show..73 exhibitors and it was exciting for the youth!! I get as excited for them as for the open show.

Again, it was our first show in Newnan, and we will be back next year. 169 exhibitors in the open show and 73 in the junior show,,,, 2400 birds, lots of vendors and the weather was beautiful...

Here's a couple of pictures of the girls...hope to have a group silkie photo tomorrow!!

Jessica and Tyler
20935_dsci0016.jpg

Me(sunshinesilkies) and Jessica(granddaughter

20935_dsci0008.jpg

Last edited:
Sunshine silkies It was so nice to meet you. I hope our other BYC buddy enjoys the Roo you picked up here and took back with you. Congrats to your grand daughter !!! Livia

the show was great Finally got my computer up and running again thanks to dear SIL.It was a long drive but seeing the look on my granddaughters face when she won was worth all the aches and pains. We did great with our Blue and Splash Jersey giants My Blue took Best of Breed and Best variety. My splash hen took Reserve breed and best variety and my splash cockerel took reserve variety. Granddaughter took Best Variety and Reserve Breed with her white cockerel and Best Variety with her splash pullet. She was so excited especially when she could show off to her brothers when she got home. Got some new biddies to ad to the family Congradulations to all it was a great show.heres a few pics
1737_img_0716.jpg

granddaughters cockerel Willie
the girls Jessica and Tyler when they first found out they won

1737_img_0720.jpg

My blue giant cockerel Indy who took BB and BV
1737_img_0732.jpg

my splash hen Jane who took RB and BV
1737_img_0725.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations Vickie, Micki, Jessica and Tyler on you wins. I wish I could have been there. Still have company from Mass. Took the company to Eric and Le's Swap. They enjoyed seeing all of the different birds and talking to everyone.
congratualtions.gif
cheerleader3.gif

Back
Top Bottom