News Junkies...Who do You Rely on for News?

mom'sfolly

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2007
Austin area, Texas
I was just wondering, with all of us who seem to be news junkies....what is your favorite source for news: talk radio, network news programs, national news networks, local newspapers, national newspapers (NY Times, USAToday, etc), internet news, blogs, PBS, news magazines (Time, Newsweek, etc), NPR, or other sources.

I use multiple sources....local newspapers, nat'l magazines, PBS, network news programs, and news networks.

All of the above! DH and I are hardcore junkies!
lol.png

Fox news (obviously, since I'm a righty) and the Internet. Press Enterprise is what I use for my local news. I love that I can read an article and then tell the whole entire world what I think in the comment section.
lol.png

You sure can't rely on a single source, that's for darn sure. I'm pretty much like you, mom'sfolly...multiple sources, both print and online, minimally influenced by televised coverage.

Do those of you who rely on obviously biased "news" sources never check other sources, for balance? I read lots of material that makes me want to hold my nose, just to make sure I'm getting "the other side of the story."

For instance, if my favorite website was Drudge or Little Green Footballs, I'd make sure that I also checked sites like Huffington Post and The Daily Kos regularly. It's increasingly difficult to find TRULY objective sources, so I find that just checking as many sources as possible on the important issues gives you a much better grasp of what's really going on.

For my local news, it's easy--the state daily paper is WAY right-wing, and the state weekly is WAY left-wing. If you read both of them, you can actually get a decent balance.

Back
Top Bottom