Newtown, Conn School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I am limiting my definition to include only rifles I am not able to provide a specific definition but will, in general terms include those semi automatic rifles that can hold a large clip and are specifically made and designed for combat. See AR15....M-16, etc. I do not include any of the large caliber rifles that would be used specifically for hunting and, again I am not sure how effective a total ban would be, but I am certainly in favor of strict restrictions on who could own them and for what purpose.
Can you explain the difference between 3 handguns with 10 round clips and 1 30 round clip when someone decides to shoot up people. The ban you are supporting would only reduce the bodycount maybe, it definitely does not address the problem.

Never understood the thinking that the second it takes to change a clip makes it safer than a bigger clip... 30 rounds in 15 seconds V/S 30 rounds in 17 seconds
Most people have never shot a rifle with a clip. I have shot about all that are out there and the AK47 ranks about the top, and when you tape your clips you can swap them pretty quick.

Guns were invented what, 7-8-9 hundred years ago?
Primitive no doubt.

But still a weapon designed to kill.

We can debate guns all we want. Big guns, little guns,
single shots or fully automatics; they all have the ability
to kill.

Even today, with the sad events of another senseless
school shooting in our minds, it is not the guns fault.

As always, it is the intent of the person holding the gun.
I have no ideal of what caused his mindset to do this
horrible thing.

But if anything, this tragedy, should make all of us as
a nation, more unwilling than ever to surrender our
own weapons.

I believe in concealed carry.

When a person is so remote and in a place where shooting kids is a desire of the mind a bullet from the gun of anybody to stop him is the only answer as far as Im concerned, I do not want to lose that ability for someone to do just that.

For those of you who do not understand the difference in an assault rifle with a 30 round clip and a handgun with three 10 round clips then let us have a duel at about 50 yards and I get the rifle. All of your arguments come straight out of the NRA talking points which are now irrelevant. Spout them all you want but there will be changes. I am a firm believer in 2nd amendment rights and I am a gun owner but I also believe that we need changes in a lot of things that involve guns

I am incredibly anti-gun, but I don't believe the right to own a gun should go away. Only that the number, and type should be under a whole lot more scrutiny.

For those of you who do not understand the difference in an assault rifle with a 30 round clip and a handgun with three 10 round clips then let us have a duel at about 50 yards and I get the rifle. All of your arguments come straight out of the NRA talking points which are now irrelevant. Spout them all you want but there will be changes. I am a firm believer in 2nd amendment rights and I am a gun owner but I also believe that we need changes in a lot of things that involve guns
We better get it started now while the republican have the house.
gig.gif
I would have you before you got the barrel up on your long gun unless you were Chuck Conners. (the rifleman)

The shooter is only 1 year younger then me and he looks so strange... Kinda like 1970s person stuck in the 2000s by this pic with his look hair (he is 3rd right in the right back row)

I kinda blame the mom cause why did she buy all these guns in the 1st place? An assault rifle and 2 pistols to begin with?.. Blame her for having this and not hiding them in a big mansion house. Reports were that she took Adam Lanza to gun ranges.

In all fairness, the comparison is being made in the context of mass shootings, none of which (to my knowledge) have taken place at more than 10-20 or so yards. They're all close-range, indoor magazine-dump shootings. One could accompish the same thing with a revolver and a speed-loader or a pump shotgun, which would arguably be even worse in the case of a shotgun.

I really do want to know, what kind of restrictions would you support? I'm fairly sure that we all agree that violent felons should not be able to buy weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom