Niacin Deficiency? Video added!

They didn’t have it at our local one ugh. I only got the supplement with some niacin in it. Is that enough? I could order the complex online but it would take time.
No one can tell unless you know how much 'some' niacin is in it.
As I said, they need 10 mg of niacin per day.
I would think you can find some brewer's yeast at any grocery store. That would be a great supplement at 1.5 tsp per cup of feed.
I’m not right next to it, but looked it up and it says :

Niacin
10,000 Mg min​
But 10,000 mg per how much?
10,000 mg per 100 grams, 1000 grams or 10,000 grams?

No one can tell unless you know how much 'some' niacin is in it.
As I said, they need 10 mg of niacin per day.
I would think you can find some brewer's yeast at any grocery store. That would be a great supplement at 1.5 tsp per cup of feed.

But 10,000 mg per how much?
10,000 mg per 100 grams, 1000 grams or 10,000 grams?
Getting brewers yeast tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Enlarged hocks and trouble walking are both signs of a niacin deficiency. Pekins being a large breed require extra niacin and Purina only has the recommended amount for average sized ducklings. Since your duckling is showing multiple signs of a deficiency I would highly recommend Durvet's B complex (carried by most farm/ag stored) given at 1 ml per day.
This is an injectable?

You can inject or give orally with a needless syringe by putting one drop on the edge of the inside of the bill, allow your duckling to "chew" a couple of times then continue this process with another drop untill the syringe is empty. You could also try giving it over treats, but I would only use that method if you are confident that you can get your duckling fully eat whatever you put it on.

Back
Top Bottom