1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nice Article Mr Deerman!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by TerriLaChicks, May 10, 2011.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Just got my Peafowl Today magazine -- nice interview article on you! [​IMG]
    Just had my 79 yr old Mom over at lunch time to admire the peas. She couldn't believe how much they've grown.
    I'm so proud & honored that you saw fit to sell me D'art & Romeo -- they are going to be absolutely amazing birds in a couple more years!

2. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I thought they were no longer publishing peafowl today, did they start up again?

3. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow... did not know there was a Peafowl today mag... Ill need to look into that.

Good Job Deerman

4. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    It's put out by the UPA association. When I joined they started sending it to me.

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    How can we read this article?

6. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    THe magazine is part of the UPA membership, if join you will get the magazine for free.

ETA: ----->[​IMG] b/c my peafowl today magazine did not arrive today. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Yea, I read that UPA is for breeders. Although I have peafowl, I'm not a breeder, so I can't join. [​IMG]

9. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    The UPA is not for just breeders anybody that interested in peafowl can join.
    Doug

10. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:Yea, I read that UPA is for breeders. Although I have peafowl, I'm not a breeder, so I can't join. [​IMG]

No, the UPA isn't for breeders, it is for peafowl enthusiasts. I only have five peafowl and don't sell peafowl yet and still haven't been able to hatch chicks from my birds, so I am definitely NOT a breeder, and I am a member, thank goodness it isn't just for breeders...(although I do want to be a peafowl breeder). Some people that are members might just have two peafowl just for fun or something or might not have any peafowl I guess. You can still be a member and get the magazine and go to the convention and everything even if you never ever want to sell peafowl.[​IMG]

I haven't gotten the recent issue yet, I was hopping to see it in the mail stack today but it wasn't there...I can't wait to get it to read Deerman's comments! I am also looking forward to seeing the cover picture, I love all the cover pictures each one makes me stare and go "Ooooh".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by