Nice Article Mr Deerman!

KUNTRYGIRL,, Your more than welcome to join the UPA.. We have members that don't even own peafowl or only have a few .. The UPA is for everyone and there are breeders, ( all people that hatch peafowl is a breeder ) but that is where you get the experience of the people that have raised them for many years, I have been a member of the UPA for 15 + yrs and you can not find a better place to get peafowl info. AND the P. Today It is published 6 times a year with color photos ,, I still can recall when I first got the first Peacock Journal ( the forerunner of P. Today. ) I just could not believe the colors that were in the magazine and must have read it 50 times. The first convention I attended was at Rock-N-Cedar in Okla.. of course I was a new to the UPA and have done many things in the UPA since then and have not missed one convention after that one. The convention this year is in Kansas City , Mo. On Oct. 6-7-8. We will have the opportunity to visit the Brad Legg peafowl farm where you will get to see more colors and patterns that anyplace in the World, The UPA will stay at the 4 seasons Sheraton. Rates are around $116.06 after taxes for the room, with breakfast. I hope a lot of you will decide to attend.. You dont have to be a member to attend the convention but the cost is more for nonmembers. This is as centrally locted to all directions as we can get. If anyone needs info just contact me or other UPA BOD members.. Everyone is invited to Join the UPA.. The P. Today alone is worth the cost of the membership. See you in Kansas City... connerhills..

Deerman - thank you for sharing your experience, wisdom and sense of humor!

Forgot to mention - if you want to join the UPA, here's the link to the website.
http://www.peafowl.org/join.htm
Nose around while you're there, there's a ton of info and some great photos.
I met deerman thru the UPA a few years ago and he has been most helpful. I'm not a breeder and never will be. I give my eggs away, and am happy to own my 9 spoiled birds. So, you don't have to be a big breeder to join. It's actually a huge advantage because the UPA gives you access to the best information and most of the best breeders in North America. And MinxFox is right - you'll just drool over the color photography. I'm still waiting for MinxFox to submit some of her photography.....

Last edited:
I might submit some photos...I submitted an article.

I got the magazine yesterday! I was so happy to see the membership directory with it, you guys were right there are a lot more people listed in it then on the website. The Peafowl Today was great, lots of good articles, I really enjoyed the article on Artificial Incubation because I have two pea eggs in the incubator right now. Deerman's article was great too, I really liked the background about how he got started with birds. I can't wait for the issue with everyone's peachick pictures, I still stare at the peachick page from last year and drool over their cuteness!
tongue.png
I have always liked that cover photo on this issue, Texas Peafowl has it on their website and I always liked it. Hopkin's has a pretty advertisement in there too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom