Niederrheiner - Birchen Color

SpiderinFL

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 18, 2016
FL for now
Greetings!
I recently saw several photos of a birchen-colored Niederrheiner. I think that this is one of the most beautiful birds I've seen. Now I have many questions: Are they docile? Broody? Cold and/or heat hardy? How many eggs a year? How much do the hens weigh? Nervous? Flighty? Better in confined or free-range area? Most important...Does anyone have a line on a hatchery, or private breeder of this specific color? I'll be willing to travel any distance for fertile eggs or young-hatched.
I'm currently located in Arizona, but will be retiring in the panhandle region (western portion) of Florida (U.S.A) right near the Gulf ocean, and plan is to have 3-4 hens. The breeze will be present as we are just a few hundred feet off the ocean, but the humidity in the summer is very high.
This is my first thread, so I hope it works!

Greetings!
I recently saw several photos of a birchen-colored Niederrheiner. I think that this is one of the most beautiful birds I've seen. Now I have many questions: Are they docile? Broody? Cold and/or heat hardy? How many eggs a year? How much do the hens weigh? Nervous? Flighty? Better in confined or free-range area? Most important...Does anyone have a line on a hatchery, or private breeder of this specific color? I'll be willing to travel any distance for fertile eggs or young-hatched.
I'm currently located in Arizona, but will be retiring in the panhandle region (western portion) of Florida (U.S.A) right near the Gulf ocean, and plan is to have 3-4 hens. The breeze will be present as we are just a few hundred feet off the ocean, but the humidity in the summer is very high.
This is my first thread, so I hope it works!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the breed nor have heard of it until now.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I have never heard of that breed either - does it go by any other name? Sounds like the name is German. I am wondering what it would be in English.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I have never heard of that breed either - does it go by any other name? Sounds like the name is German. I am wondering what it would be in English.

I googled it a couple minutes ago not sure if the color was correct but most of the pictures were of a chicken that has a yellowish gold barring.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Back
Top Bottom