Night Terrors? Need some input--

Well- THe DH went to bed after I did, and shut our door. I am deaf in the one ear....so I didn't get woken up but anyone.

Oh- I feel so guilty! But, if he DID freak out, his brother would have woken up eventually and come and got us. SO: he slept all night? I think?

I hope this is the first of many more nights of sleep!
fl.gif

One of our foster babes had NTs; it was horrible. Little, bitty guy crying and screaming, "No! Noo!" I knew he was only dreaming, and wouldn't remember in the morning, but man! After that first shriek, every light on my dashboard was lit up. Forget sleeping for awhile.

Good luck tonight.

I remember a while back finding repeat references to BCM-7 (betacasomorphine) in people with "leaky gut" syndrome. Those people will hallucinate like they're on morphine.

We had the 24hour urine test to see if our child had that. He doesn't.

But that makes sense for people who improve when they stop eating casein (milk, cheese, butter, products containing caseinate). I guess it causes real trouble for a lot of people.

I remember nights of those screaming fits. Anyone who never experienced an inconsolable screaming child at night has a blessed life. Really. Blessed.

Sleep Hygeine is the new term everybody's throwing around today. We found help on sleepguide.com for one of our children and did a sleep study and started treatment, and life is now a lot better for us all night, overall. But we learned every body is different, nobody's perfect. I doubt there's one answer out there for all who suffer night terrors. There could be as many causes as there are sufferers of night terrors. I wish you well.

Have you tried keeping clean sheets in the freezer, and cooling his legs when he has the terrors? Wrapping his feet/ankles with coolness. Many people recommended that. Its easier than trying to get a flailing child into water.

I have four kids, 16, 14, 10 and 5. The five year old had these -- awful, every night from age 11 months at the same time. He'd wake up the entire house screaming hysterically. If I used cloth diapers (I didn't) I would swear he had a pin sticking him. This went on for months! We moved into this house when he was 5 months old, and little Roy's crib was in our bedroom with us.

Please don't think I'm crazy. The original owner died in the house (I didn't find out for several months after we had moved in) and her husband had a heart attack just weeks after they built it, she managed to hang on and raise her two daughters there. She died of a brain tumor. Clearly, very attached to the house.

The older kids began seeing things (no, I didn't tell them what I learned from the neighbors) very soon after we moved in. Footsteps, loud - we all heard them. Other things happened, not worth detailing here. I finally put two and two together. Went into the empty room, mid-day, and said (out loud) "Listen, I know you probably love looking at the baby but you are SCARING him! Please stop."

I swear, on my childrens' lives, from that day onward the screaming stopped. Never happened again.

True story.

Laura

Sometimes places remember things. Our house was built in 1950, and the same family lived here until we bought it in 2005. No one died here though....the parents moved to Florida and the daughter raised her kids here. HOWEVER--there is a pool with a car in it somewhere in the backyard. So maybe Jimmy Hoffa is haunting the baby?
smile.png

Well last night we did play, dinner, tubby time, walk to xmas lights. He fell asleep during the walk and stayed down all night. He fussed at 330 am, so I have been up since then...as I type this he woke up. It is 5 am...so another good night! Cross your fingers this keeps up!

Here is what we watched just now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom