Nightly gathering of chickens

Here's a pic of the coop from the outside. Chickens and ducks are the large building in the middle. The smaller building to the left is just shelter for goats and pig. Inside is pretty basic. Windows with hardware cloth on 3 sides. small grow out coop inside for babies and nesting boxes they refuse to use.

Attachments

• coop.jpg
    coop.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 10
Here's a pic of my Frizzle Terry. She's one of the 3 amigos that's driving me insane. I must protect her at all costs.

Attachments

• Frizzle.jpg
    Frizzle.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 10
Here's a pic of the coop from the outside. Chickens and ducks are the large building in the middle. The smaller building to the left is just shelter for goats and pig. Inside is pretty basic. Windows with hardware cloth on 3 sides. small grow out coop inside for babies and nesting boxes they refuse to use.
So, I'm not sure if this will solve the problem, but I think more ventilation may help. Does it feel stuffy, damp, dank, or unpleasant to you at all when you are inside the coop? Chickens basically want most of the same things we do in their living spaces (except for when they poop everywhere and don't seem to notice, of course 😄).

If you could make it so that the door is primarily well secured, 1/2" hardware cloth, that may make them more willing to stay in there, or at least make it so they are safe if you locked them in there for a couple of days. Also, since the hot air and moisture rises, is there any ventilation up at the top of the coop? That may help as well.

I put a light in and toss in some treats until they all go in. They eventually learn where home is. I also bought a rechargeable fan that to help with ventilation and drawing the cool night air in.

Back
Top Bottom