Nix's Art Classroom•Anime/semi-realistic people•

NixNoodleNumbat

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Australia
New lessons will be added fortnightly or weekly, depending on how busy I am.

Welcome to my classroom!

жжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжАиїмєжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжж
I teach a certain type of anime. I'm not as good at it as others may be, but I definitely have skills to teach. If you want to learn how to draw basic animals or pokémon message me!

To join, click here to go to the academy page!

Things you should know:
1) I can only teach you what I know. I am not a professional.
2) You will not just magically become good at art. It takes dedication, education and HEAPS of practice.
3) A poor craftsman blames his tools for inferior work.(I found this quote on the Internet) A pencil is a pencil, paint is paint. They are used in art but don't make art. Don't make excuses for yourself. "Well, if I had a tablet, I could do some good art." or "I'm buying professional paint because it will make my art better." Are some excuses. Work within your means. Your skill will be shown in your work.
4) There are no shortcuts. If you want your art to be good, you've got to do the work.
5) PRACTICE!!!!!!!

Members:
Equinehugger3
Chickenfur
Zinnia-hen
WoodChic
Chickendiva25
Bella1210
Quinn4321
Chicklover98
Feel free to join at any time, but you will have to catch up on assignments.

Marking chart:
A-90-100
B-80-89
C-60-71
D-51-59
F-50 and below
I know this chart doesn't work, but it's how 44 wants it.

Lessons will be added Thursday, Friday or Saturday!

Lesson 1:
Thanks for joining! This is a miniature lesson. I use a HB pencil, a good quality eraser and a pen. To get the good, sharp lines anime has, I do a sketchy drawing first, go over it in pen, and erase the pencil lines. I use a HB pencil because I personally like them more, but really whatever graphite pencil you can find is good. Remember: you draw slowly and lightly in pencil, and do definite lines in pen. Practice makes perfect!
Lesson 2 is on page eight.
Lesson 3 is on page 18

The lessons are made according to the class's strengths and weaknesses.

Assignments:
Assignments are due within a week of being put here. The assignments will be related to the latest lesson.
1. Just so I can gauge everyone's skill, draw an anime person. If you can't, search google images for inspiration. Searching google images for anime can get you with some inappropriate stuff, you have been warned.
Assignment 2 is on page eight.
Assignment 3 is on page 18.

ффффффффффффффффффффффффффSemi-Realistic peopleффффффффффффффффффффффф
Тнїs сlass шїłł begin śоюл!

Last edited:
I'm on it! Just so you know, I'm going on a small "vacation", so I may not be able to post my assignment until Thursday, but I'll do it! :)

I have never drawn anime, so it's going absolutely terrible... D:

Last edited:
Oh, my... Can't believe I'm posting something so bad. I have NEVER drawn anime before, so this is terrible! D: AND super blurry... Stupid iPod is the only camera I have currently... My other one broke.
tongue.png

6265551e.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
It took me a while though...
tongue.png
And, judging by your picture of the mare and foal, you could probably do a lot better!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Okay…
The eyes are very good, but too high up. The hair is good. The mouth is perfect. I think it's just the shape of the head mainly. Im going to give you a C. It is very good for a first drawing. It was very good for a drawing of a person.

Quote:
Okay…
The eyes are very good, but too high up. The hair is good. The mouth is perfect. I think it's just the shape of the head mainly. Im going to give you a C. It is very good for a first drawing. It was very good for a drawing of a person.

tongue.png
If you look closely (well, not very closely
hmm.png
) You can see all the erased lines from when I tried to get the shape right. Lol. That was super hard for me, haha. Would you mind posting a picture that you've drawn so I can see what shape I should go for?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom