NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show 2012

There were just a bunch of young barred rock pullets for sale at the auction today. You should check out Hackettstown auction. Stuff was going super cheap today!

There were just a bunch of young barred rock pullets for sale at the auction today. You should check out Hackettstown auction. Stuff was going super cheap today!
Best to be experienced when you go to those things! It's rare that you get a nice bird, and many of them can be sick with who knows what. You should really know what you're looking at, and what to look for, before you go. You'll also be drawn to rescue everything.

I got lots of BR boys
lau.gif
they'll be at the show. CHEEP.

Best to be experienced when you go to those things! It's rare that you get a nice bird, and many of them can be sick with who knows what. You should really know what you're looking at, and what to look for, before you go. You'll also be drawn to rescue everything.
That is definitely true. Often times though you will find knowledgeable people walking around who can help you. You can also ask knowledgeable friends to go with you too. I often go with friends looking for birds to help them make the right choices. I often find people at the auction either don't realize stuff is sick, they don't know what they are looking at, or they don't know the sexes of birds.

Rescuing stuff can be a big problem for people. It's been a long while since I've felt the need to rescue stuff at auction. Some stuff will sell for meat, but I've had chickens and rabbits so long that I've come to accept this.

Back
Top Bottom