NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show 2012

Cheep? Cheep cheep? Cheep cheep cheep cheep?
Say that 30 times.
barnie.gif

I or a friend will be bringing a bunch of Saxony ducks. Mostly drakes. I can also bring production Pekin hens. Message me if you're interested (I don't check BYC much anymore but I get an email when I get a PM).

I'm in!! Yay! This will be the first time I'm showing. Does anyone know the specifics for testing? I saw that Pullorum is required, now I need to know the time frame for testing. I had my birds tested for AI and Pullorum in July -Is this recent enough?

I believe entry forms are due October 2nd...very soon.

I believe I will have some black and blue English Orp cockerels for sale.

Usually pullorum is every 30 days. Not sure if Sussex requires it or not. When I used to show I would often bring the test papers, but never needed to show them to anyone. I don't believe birds need to be AI tested though.

I believe you are good for 1-yr. YAY!!
Hope to see you there.
I am suffering from a brain cloud.. Martha?

In Delaware, AI is required. But the state test office is on the way to the state fairgrounds.
Very easy to show at Delmarva.

Last edited:
Re-read your post and saw that Sussex is now requiring Pullorum on all birds. I think this year, NJ has gotten more strict with their poultry policies. Since you last had your birds done in July, you will need to have them tested again for this show. As I said in the last post, testing papers are only good for 30 days. AI testing I believe is only good for every 12 days, but I could be wrong. I used to be a pullorum tester for the state of NJ, but we were not able to do AI testing.

Re-read your post and saw that Sussex is now requiring Pullorum on all birds. I think this year, NJ has gotten more strict with their poultry policies. Since you last had your birds done in July, you will need to have them tested again for this show. As I said in the last post, testing papers are only good for 30 days. AI testing I believe is only good for every 12 days, but I could be wrong. I used to be a pullorum tester for the state of NJ, but we were not able to do AI testing.
my pollorum is good for 90 days and my AI for when i went to Susquhannah is one year?

Back
Top Bottom