no animal by- product feed- help please!

Quote:
I look forward to the explantion you have for your assertion that commercially produced feeds will kill our poultry.

Remember the OP was looking for an ORGANIC feed free of animal BY PRODUCTS!

I just deleted a page long answer to your question.
duc.gif

Instead might I suggest you watch a few of the wonderful documentary films on the subject of what is wrong with the status quo of industrial commercial agriculture industry you so happily represent...
wink.png

I am sure many of us here could provide you a list of documentary films that could help you find your own answer..

Yes indeed I for one feel the industry has pushed it to far. And indeed my opinion is many "commercial" feeds and much of the industrial foods will make us and our livestock unhealthy which can lead to untimely death...
big_smile.png

WHY do you think there are ORGANIC products ?? Not to be condescending but Da.. A growing number of people feel that a significant portion of the commercial agriculture industry creates unhealthy products that will kill and that these products are created with quantity and profit margins in mind over quality and health..

ON

There are films to support each side....and I doubt that any of them are 100% truthful or accurate. They can lean towards whichever side whoever is making them choses. As I've said before just because it's on film or in print doesn't make it true.

Last edited:
Quote:
Since your birds are just beginning to lay and your comment about having to invest in your facilities I'm taking it you are new to chickens. If that is the case what history do you have with using commercial feeds...or are you basing your judgement of them on what you've read or watched. We all know if it's in print or on film it's the God's honest truth......
roll.png

Quote:
Hot Dogs!! Just kidding. This is a very interesting thread, and while i have read most of it, agree with some of it,,,,it got me thinking....what are good, fairly easy grains to grow for yourself. Lets consider a small flock, maybe 6-12 birds....What are some of the things that you would grow yourself?

Quote:
I am not new to chickens, it is these particular chickens that are new to me. Perhaps if you were to relocate and start anew with chickens, people would be right to assume that you had no prior experience as well?
smile.png

Quote:
I am not new to chickens, it is these particular chickens that are new to me. Perhaps if you were to relocate and start anew with chickens, people would be right to assume that you had no prior experience as well?
smile.png

Well since you've avoided sharing any of your poultry history with us, that is what I took from your post.

Quote:
I look forward to the explantion you have for your assertion that commercially produced feeds will kill our poultry.

Remember the OP was looking for an ORGANIC feed free of animal BY PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!

I would still like to hear the support for the claims.

I PM'd the OP about a source of feed without Animal By-products. I wonder if anyone else actually offered any options or simply used this thread as a means to jump on their soapboxes.

Jim

Quote:
What name one documentary that shows how food is currently manufactured that does so in a positive light!

Honestly have you ever watched a documentary like Food Inc. Or gone to a showing of FRESH??

By the way my personal viewpoints are not based on any movie, they are based on what I see in the real world around me.

This subject is not a "gray area". The differences between Organic sustainable agricultural practices and what the current status quo agricultural industry spits out as a poor excuse as healthy food is crystal clear to anyone that is willing to honestly look at the subject with an open unbiased mind.

No big tobacco says tobacco is safe. (Yep you types arguing here represented and protect the likes of big tobacco companies.) Government is paid off to keep quite. It takes the "free thinking radicals" many many decades to finally bring the truth out...

Oh agent orange is a harmless defoliant safe for the troops.. Yep manufactured by your friends at Monsanto corp.. Woops wrong again.... Gee Monsanto says GMO grains are safe... I believe them. I like having only one choice for the seed I purchase, don't you.?. I like the idea of being sued if their gmo grains from a neighbors field contaminates my organic seed that I save and plant the next year..
hu.gif

Back to the issue. You find nothing wrong with the current battery hen eggs sold for less than $1 a dozen. They are fed highly refined blends of commercial feed.. The eggs are bland and pale. Plus they are down right unhealthy compared to a free range or pastured egg.
Here is your evidence:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/eggs.aspx
I
suspect the same results would be discovered from chickens fed thoughtful complex feed recipes such as le neige hommes.

You think the way meat chickens are commercially produced is moral? Do you think the way it tastes is good? Your commercial feed your defending and the fact your types tinkered with the genetics so much the chickens can not even walk and often drop dead from organ failure before their short lives are over...
YUMMMY oh so healthy and wholesome that commercial feed is...
tongue.gif

homme: chickens have only just started to pay their own way

That does not mean they "just started to lay"....
hmm.png

Even if an individual bases judgement on what they have learned in books does not degrade that judgement in any way.

That type of attitude and thinking will propel our nation back into the stone age quicker than anything... ALL innovation and advancement has come from folks trying something a bit different than the status quo.. Organic food is a bit more than some crazy hippie idea... Even Wal-mart figures they can make a buck on it.

Again please... this thread is about organic feed with out animal by products... Currently we are exploring ways to provide poultry with animal protein that is better for the environment, more sustainable, and less of a health risk than the status quo.

ON​

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

I would still like to hear the support for the claims.

I PM'd the OP about a source of feed without Animal By-products. I wonder if anyone else actually offered any options or simply used this thread as a means to jump on their soapboxes.

Jim

I offered options as a post not as PM's so everyone could see. So you offered as source for Organic feed with out animal by products???? If not go back and read what the OP wanted. They wanted organic feed without animal by products... Which is any organic feed if you know anything about organic feed....
big_smile.png

idunno.gif

Why not post your suggestions?
Why a PM?
----
So you going to sue because of the negative statements about your industry? Just like your industry sued Oprah Winfrey for "saying she was going to avoid hamburger for a while", during one of the many e coli outbreaks that kills children and the old?

Last edited:
Organics North,

Quote:
I believe the OP wanted a feed that was without animal by-product not necessarily organic.
Quote:
Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually the thread is about feed without animal By-products, the Organic is an option.

I suggested the OP examine the Homestead line of feed from Hubbard Feeds.

I agree with a few of your points, but the venom in your disgust for commercial agriculture is clearly evident. Fortunately you have the choice to consume which foods you want.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom