No bake cookies

Kesta

Pie Crust Malfunction
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
houston tx
Every year my mom makes these delicious no bake cookies and i absolutely adore them! so i thought id share the recipe with all of you!

Get out a large pot and set it on the stove.
cut and set out several sheets of wax paper.

take -3 TBS cocoa powder
-3 TBS butter
-3 cups sugar
- and 3/4 a cup of milk. put these in the pan and boil for one minute.

-add in 3/4 a cup of peanut butter
-3 cups of quick oats
-1/2 a TSP of vanilla extract
-and half a bag of chocolate chips
stir together and let cook for 2 minutes while constantly stirring

quickly take a spoon and drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto the wax paper. be sure to leave space between each scoop. once the pot is empty quickly soak it in water to keep the mixture from drying on. (soak the pot that is not the cookies!) After not much longer the cookies should be hardened. Just peel them from the wax paper and enjoy! you can also freeze them to have for later use.

(note) you must be sure to drop the mixture onto the wax paper very quickly to keep it from hardening in the pot!

droolin.gif

Those are almost a staple here. My kids devour them. We have many variations on this recipe so it just depends on what we have in the cupboards. LOL
smile.png

Thanks for posting....

I've made them before but not with chocolate chips
droolin.gif

Can't wait to try the variation!

I love these but since the wife became diabetic we haven't had them. Does anybody know if ya can make em NO SUGAR ADDED? Like with splenda or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe use the cooking Spenda... You're supposed to be able to use it just like sugar. With the peanut butter also in these it kinda counteracts the sugars to with the protein from the pnut butter. My mom is Hypoglycemic(meaning she goes to sleep if she has sugar and can go into a diabetic coma) but there are a few things that she can eat with sugar in them as long as they include a protein like the peanut butter... Not many though, just a couple.

Back
Top Bottom