No chickens were harmed - Raccoon swarm

In this town they have busy schedules. Lots of coops to investigate. Don't know how they keep themselves organized.We've never seen them on camera and live beside a fleet of garbage disposal trucks .Be sure to use ch locks and an apron around your coop.
They're not motivated to spend a lot of time and energy on a predator proof coop when easier foods around.Coons are smart so most people kill them.

true but also depends on your neighbors and the police around there. cause either one will turn you in if they arent good people and depending on the wildlife laws that could be bad
If one was foolish enough to do the deed in front of them, ya. But I'm confident most individuals could figure out how not to be seen.

Other options other than a rifle. I know of one lady that got a pistol xbow. Traps then shoots. No noise.
I read somewhere the trap can be covered in plastic and hooked up to the car exhaust.
Somebody else has a big rubbermaid trash can with a lid. Filled with water.

There are ways and there are ways.

At the moment the two traps out there have dried portions of ex raccoon in them. A friend forgot he'd set the traps before they went on vacation. Months later (and a strong hosing out) I'm borrowing the traps and wonder if raccoons are bothered by a smell I barely notice.

Did I mention the skunks in the yard? Everybody has skunks though.

I read somewhere the trap can be covered in plastic and hooked up to the car exhaust.
Somebody else has a big rubbermaid trash can with a lid. Filled with water.

There are ways and there are ways.

At the moment the two traps out there have dried portions of ex raccoon in them. A friend forgot he'd set the traps before they went on vacation. Months later (and a strong hosing out) I'm borrowing the traps and wonder if raccoons are bothered by a smell I barely notice.

Did I mention the skunks in the yard? Everybody has skunks though.
Ya, skunks pose a challenge. I've caught a few. Block the skunks view of you with a blanket or sheet. Walk slowly towards the trap and slowly cover it. They usually won't spray, but most likely they area is going to stink badly just from him getting caught, lol.

true but also depends on your neighbors and the police around there. cause either one will turn you in if they arent good people and depending on the wildlife laws that could be bad
Oh, one neighbor turns me in the minute the daffodils fade and are just "weeds". I think City Hall is pretty bored with them.

If they put cameras on my property, they would see a lot more than me killing a coon. Then I'd have them arrested for trespassing and invasion of privacy.
oh we did. she was a spiteful woman. bets part we used her own cameras against her since she forgot where they were pointing and it caught her feeding my chickens green potatoes lol

Back
Top Bottom