No crow collar help pt 2

PoppySeedy

Chirping
May 14, 2021
I made a thread yesterday talking about the problem im having with my roosters bo crow collar. The problem is that, the collar will be tight (pinkie width of space inbetween on course) but the noise of his crow won't be any lessened AND (heres the part I'm concerned about) whenever he does his aerial alarm call, he will sort of 'cringe' like its uncomfortable (video linked this time) does anyone have any idea what i could do? I will attach pictures of how his collar is on right now

P.s. I don't really agree with the collars, however i don't have a choice to have one on him :(
My roo is a very lovely boy tho, and I'd hate to have him hurt or get rid of him

Attachments

• 20210515_130242.jpg
    20210515_130242.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 51
I made a thread yesterday talking about the problem im having with my roosters bo crow collar. The problem is that, the collar will be tight (pinkie width of space inbetween on course) but the noise of his crow won't be any lessened AND (heres the part I'm concerned about) whenever he does his aerial alarm call, he will sort of 'cringe' like its uncomfortable (video linked this time) does anyone have any idea what i could do? I will attach pictures of how his collar is on right now

P.s. I don't really agree with the collars, however i don't have a choice to have one on him :(
My roo is a very lovely boy tho, and I'd hate to have him hurt or get rid of him
I'm also trying g to attach the videobut the website isn't letting me?

X2. Those things are cruel - roosters are meant to crow.
I know, however I live in an urban area and with my parents basically on my ass every day about it, I don't really have any other choice but to sort it out. If it were up to me I'd take it off forever and never put it back on

I know, however I live in an urban area and with my parents basically on my ass every day about it, I don't really have any other choice but to sort it out. If it were up to me I'd take it off forever and never put it back on
You do have another choice - you could rehome him. That would probably be best; it would allow him to live his chicken life to the fullest without having that strangulation device around his neck - maybe in the future only have sexed pullets so you don’t have to go through this again. You sound like you care, so I’m sure you’ll be very upset if you find him strangled to death one morning.
Just some things to consider.

Back
Top Bottom