No Crow Rooster collar

Pics
It said in the instructions to go as close to their neck as possible and try to put it under the feathers. That's what we did but he doesn't wear it anymore so I never saw any ingrown feathers.

My EE roo Gertrude has been wearing his no crow for the past 6 months. It works very well for him, his crow sounds more like a morning dove these days. The collar also seems to tame him just a bit too, kindof like he views me as the boss now. I remove the collar periodically for him to groom his feathers underneath as I have noticed he gets ingrown ones. When people use the no crow, are y'all leaving the feathers flat underneath or pulling them above the collar? Has anyone else noticed ingrown feathers from long term wear?

Would it work at all on a turken? Not familiar with the breed. :confused:

My EE roo Gertrude has been wearing his no crow for the past 6 months. It works very well for him, his crow sounds more like a morning dove these days. The collar also seems to tame him just a bit too, kindof like he views me as the boss now. I remove the collar periodically for him to groom his feathers underneath as I have noticed he gets ingrown ones. When people use the no crow, are y'all leaving the feathers flat underneath or pulling them above the collar? Has anyone else noticed ingrown feathers from long term wear?
Yeah - definitely. My Golden Spangled Hamburg cockerel had some pretty gnarly ingrown feathers and clusters of mite eggs under the collar. I shall have to remove their collars more often and be sure to dust them more regularly.

Personally, I've found that the Cock Collars result in fewer ingrown feathers than the No Crow Collars and are much cheaper as well.

One of my cockerels was having issues breathing with the No Crow Collar - once a week or so he'd come up to my window to alert me gasping and with water dribbling from his mouth and we'd loosen it again. Once we switched to the Cock Collar (which is elastic and flexible) this stopped happening at all.

Yeah - definitely.  My Golden Spangled Hamburg cockerel had some pretty gnarly ingrown feathers and clusters of mite eggs under the collar.  I shall have to remove their collars more often and be sure to dust them more regularly.  

Personally, I've found that the Cock Collars result in fewer ingrown feathers than the No Crow Collars and are much cheaper as well.  

One of my cockerels was having issues breathing with the No Crow Collar - once a week or so he'd come up to my window to alert me gasping and with water dribbling from his mouth and we'd loosen it again.   Once we switched to the Cock Collar (which is elastic and flexible) this stopped happening at all.
Where do you find a Cock Collar? I've only ever heard of the No Crow.

Where do you find a Cock Collar? I've only ever heard of the No Crow.
www.cockcollars.com.au

They're apparently having an April special. Buy 3, get 1 free. I like to have two sets so I can have one in the wash and another on my roo.

They're $5.50 + shipping which appears to be $2 within Australia and $3 everywhere else.

I was really skeptical of them at first but they work marvelously and are MUCH cheaper.

I just bought a pair of orps from a girl because her neighbors complained and she bought one and tried it for a couple weeks and it did not work and she said he had it on as tight as she could. It made his crows a tad quieter but not much.

It's hard to get the tightness right though. I found it hard to know what was tight since their necks are little and under all that fluff. Just being around their necks will dampen the crow but it has to be just a smidge tighter to put pressure on their trachea so they can't exhert a crow. They can still cluck and eat like a normal chicken but they can't crow. Too tight yes they can suffocate. I was squeamish about making it tight but it had to be just the right level to work

www.cockcollars.com.au

They're apparently having an April special. Buy 3, get 1 free. I like to have two sets so I can have one in the wash and another on my roo.

They're $5.50 + shipping which appears to be $2 within Australia and $3 everywhere else.

I was really skeptical of them at first but they work marvelously and are MUCH cheaper.

Thanks for sharing this info about the sale, tandykins

To confirm, when you say you 'cut the sock', does this mean you cut the toe off, then rolled it up and put it over the roosters head and slid it down his neck? I want to make sure I am doing this right :) thanks!

Edit: Sorry I just saw that the full description was posted. Cut the foot of the sock off! Thanks again. I have a 14 6 weeks olds and I'd like the option to keep one of the roos so will try this and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom