No eggs and one looks lazy

As Casportpony said, aureomycin is an antibiotic that had been used in the past in feed to help prevent intestinal diseases such as enteritis, and is the same drug used in some respiratory diseases. But it does not act as a wormer. It is no longer available in feed stores or without a prescription since the end of 2016.

If
It's an antibiotic, not a wormer, and it's no longer available without a prescription in the US. Did someone tell you it's a wormer?
my husband just told me we add it to "safe guard". He has always treats the livestock. We have had only a couple die years ago from worms. He says treat them according to the amount of birds you have. If possible, separate them if you only have a few so they get the whole dose. He also said keep plenty of fresh water close to them during treatment. It will dehydrate them. Especially during hot weather. He's out castrating boars right now and didn't give more than that.

If

my husband just told me we add it to "safe guard". He has always treats the livestock. We have had only a couple die years ago from worms. He says treat them according to the amount of birds you have. If possible, separate them if you only have a few so they get the whole dose. He also said keep plenty of fresh water close to them during treatment. It will dehydrate them. Especially during hot weather. He's out castrating boars right now and didn't give more than that.
Safeguard is a wormer, it's fenbendazole. :)

I'm confused... Do you want to buy something?
We have a full 5 lb bag. When that is gone, we will not be purchasing any More I suppose. We did buy it late 2016. 5 lbs will take us awhile to use it up. Why should you be confused? When our full bag is empty, we have no more and can't get no more. Still confused?
I said my husband uses safe guard for worming and adds a bit of the antibiotic grain twice a year. How does that confuse you? Anyway, take care and have a nice day. Happy farming to you and yours and god bless.

I missed a whole bunch of these posts, geez. Bleach from my understanding is fine in low doses (I put maybe 1 t in 5 gallons). I locally had no option other than ivermectin injectable or panacur so I went with the panacur (fenbendazole). I dosed them last Thursday so another dose will be given 10 days from then. I got 2 eggs yesterday, which is a blessing, but I won't be eating those until 7 days after the last treatment per what I found online.

Any idea if I can cook those eggs and give it to them? I hate wasting eggs.

So far the lazy one has perked up when I head out there, but if I'm not out there the others are eating and she just stands there with her head tucked over her shoulder. I've never seen them do this aside from sleeping, and usually if they sleep in the run they're on their side or bellies so it's weird for me to see that. I will be calling around today for vets to do float tests.

One of you mentioned coccidosis. That's mainly for young chickens right? And I would see bloody poop. The only weird poop I've seen is the frothy orange one. No wormy poop, no diarrhea. I will say that about 3 weeks ago I did a bunch of cleaning in m y veggie garden and tossed a whole bunch of broccoli plants in the run. Maybe they got an imbalanced diet from the greens and didn't eat enough of their grains.

Any idea if I can cook those eggs and give it to them? I hate wasting eggs.
One of you mentioned coccidosis. That's mainly for young chickens right? And I would see bloody poop. The only weird poop I've seen is the frothy orange one

If you are deworming with fenbendazole the "suggested" egg withdrawal time is 14days after the last dosage. So...that's at least 24days throw away time and no, eggs should not be fed to anything. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

Coccidiosis can be seen in chickens at any age, though it's more prevalent in young chicks. Any chicken can succumb to an overload, especially if they have something else going on (weakened immunity). I believe there are 9strain of Cocci and only 1-2 strains show up as bloody poop.

I'm glad you are trying to find a vet to take a look at the poop. Hopefully that will give you some answers.

As for the bleach:oops: I just could not for the life of me see where it was mentioned:D
Some people do add bleach to the drinking water to sanitize, so I really have no opinion on that.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom