No eggs and very jealous..

critters

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2011
The Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia!
I still have not located any guinea eggs out of 3 flocks...
2 free rangers and 1 penned flock...

I am soooo jealous of all of you!!
hit.gif

where are my eggs?? why aren't my girls laying?
or maybe they figured out that I steal their eggs
and have gotten better at hiding them...LOL...

just don't know....getting ready to go out and search again...

wish me luck.....
fl.gif

have several people wanting eggs and Keats..

A lot of my Hens are pulling the holding out on the egg laying game on me too... I should be flooded in eggs right now (both in my egg storage room and in my fridge!), but only a handful of my 50+ Hens are laying for me. Some that started laying a while back had stopped, then started again, and have now stopped again. COME ON GIRLS GET WITH IT, it's almost MAY!
barnie.gif

I'm blaming it all on my Game Bird and Layer feeds containing too much GMO crap in them lately, because I have no other logical explanation!!! I've never had such a disappointing laying season as this one is turning out to be. Time to suck it up and go with all organic and GMO free feeds I think... but ouch $$$$. I'll have to double or triple my keet prices to break even!
th.gif

Last edited:
I feel your pain--last year at this time we were flooded with keets, this year I've only just completed my first successful hatch. Piddling hatches that only produced one or two keets don't count. We've blamed it on the weather--this spring was mostly winter, since no self-respecting spring would call it anything else. Bleh!

However, my birds must have heard me moaning and decided to cheer me up. Guess what I got in this hatch? My first ever chocolate out of my own eggs! And, if I'm right (please say I am!) my first blonde, too! What do you think? Did I diagnose those colors right?
fl.gif

critters, I'm finally getting eggs, but they're VERY small, and I seriously doubt they're fertile. My hens have only been laying for about a week. My males are so concerned with dominance that I doubt it's occurred to them to do what they're being dominant FOR. Silly boys........

I feel your pain--last year at this time we were flooded with keets, this year I've only just completed my first successful hatch. Piddling hatches that only produced one or two keets don't count. We've blamed it on the weather--this spring was mostly winter, since no self-respecting spring would call it anything else. Bleh!

However, my birds must have heard me moaning and decided to cheer me up. Guess what I got in this hatch? My first ever chocolate out of my own eggs! And, if I'm right (please say I am!) my first blonde, too! What do you think? Did I diagnose those colors right?
fl.gif

Looks like a Blonde and a Buff to me
idunno.gif

How dark did your Chocolates turn out from the eggs you ordered from The Guinea Farm (as adults)? I'm assuming you kept them all for breeding stock for this season, right?

Yes, definitely kept them all! The two boys are in with our main flock, and one has been a dork and hooked up with a lavender girl so we won't get anything pretty from him. The other has claimed purple girls that have ivory underneath, so we'll see there. The two chocolate girls are in with our blond boy, and I'm assuming the blonde here is from them. These two keet both have squiggles on their head and completely white wings--can a buff have that? I haven't had buff, so I don't remember what it looks like.

I find it interesting how our chocolates range in colors as adults. One of the girls is so dark she can be mistaken for a purple in the right light, and it's only because of the beautiful penciling on her chest that I can always be sure of her. Can't wait to see how the new keets grow out!

I hope so--I know how hard it is to wait and watch! I keep hoping I'm going to find more nests, but so far they are eluding me and it's mostly just the ones that lay inside I'm finding. Silly birds!

Back
Top Bottom