1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No eggs from my Ameracauna yet (24 weeks)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BYOChickens, Sep 20, 2011.

1. BYOChickens

BYOChickens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2010
    Hey folks, don't know what's up, but I got one green egg 5 weeks ago...but she hasn't layed since. The rest of my small flock of various makes and models have been laying since August. Are these birds late bloomers or is there more to it????

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    My easter egger is a little older than yours and not laying yet either. I think she laid a soft shell egg yesterday (there was a very very thin layer of slightly greenish shell on it) but no real eggs. If yours is an actual americauna and not an EE they take awhile to mature too I believe.

3. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yup, I'm in the same boat as you. I have 2 Ameraucana pullets at 24 weeks and they haven't started either. My EEs started earilier than that.

Tick-tick, ladies!

Lisa

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    If she's an Easter Egger, which is more than likely, it's normal. They can have on-and off moments, or be late bloomers, or even really early ones.

If she's a true Ameraucana, well, a green egg isn't exactly wanted, but that aside, it's kinda normal. Most strains begin at 24+ weeks. Not all, but maybe half.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by