No Eggs

vigario

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Live in the Sacramento Area. It has started to get pretty cold at night. Nice during the day. No eggs. Is that normal?

Yes. Egglaying is influenced by the duration of daylight, among other things, My chickens have not layed more than 12 eggs in the past 3 months, following a molt. But, they're healthy

Yes. Egglaying is influenced by the duration of daylight, among other things, My chickens have not layed more than 12 eggs in the past 3 months, following a molt. But, they're healthy

I have 9 healthy hens, I'm getting 5 eggs a week from just one hen, I know this cause she is my EE and lays blue eggs.. In October I was getting 5-7 eggs a day, I have 4 older hens (around 3 years old) but 5 of my hens had just started laying around Aug. I choose to not add light to their coops in the winter so this is just something I choose to deal with in the Winter. I have a few hens molting with one (a BA) going thru a hard molt.. I buy eggs weekly , something I haven't had to do in the last couple years.. It sucks, but getting tons of eggs 9 months out of the year makes up for the couple months I don't get many :)

I have 17 three month old chicks, 9 of which I know are hens, I'm gonna have loads of eggs in a few more months :)

Back
Top Bottom