No Farms No Food

Hey Buster I just got my bumper stickers in the mail today.
big_smile.png
Already on my truck.
smile.png

Quote:
WOW! That was fast! I wonder if we put them out of business with the run on stickers.
lol.png

I wasnt expecting to see them in my mailbax that quick. I bet they had to print lots more stickers, cause of everyone ordering them.
big_smile.png
I hope we didnt cost them to much.
wink.png

Quote:
I have done the same thing with my daughter. She wanted Buff Brahma Bantams. She recieved 5 of them as chicks for her birthday last year (they grew to be one hen and 4 roos). This year I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she has asked for 5 NHR....so she's getting 4 hens and 1 roo. She helps with feeding, watering, cleaning coops, and she is anxiously waiting to collect the first egg from her Brahma hen, Greta (she's my avatar).

Quote:
I have done the same thing with my daughter. She wanted Buff Brahma Bantams. She recieved 5 of them as chicks for her birthday last year (they grew to be one hen and 4 roos). This year I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she has asked for 5 NHR....so she's getting 4 hens and 1 roo. She helps with feeding, watering, cleaning coops, and she is anxiously waiting to collect the first egg from her Brahma hen, Greta (she's my avatar).

That's great! I'm going to let my younger son (3) pick a breed later this year after we decide which ones we are going to work with and let him help out too. He is just getting able to gather eggs (when he doesn't slip on the ice and break them all). I think it helps them want to help out more when they have pride in ownership.
smile.png

Quote:

That's great! I'm going to let my younger son (3) pick a breed later this year after we decide which ones we are going to work with and let him help out too. He is just getting able to gather eggs (when he doesn't slip on the ice and break them all). I think it helps them want to help out more when they have pride in ownership.
smile.png

I agree! I really think that's true! We have five kids, the youngest being 7 months, so he can't help, but the others from our 3 year old up to my daughter (who's nine almost 10) help with all the farm stuff.

They have asked us this year if we will give them their own garden plot, so they can plant a garden like mommy and daddy. You bet they are getting it, too!

oh definatley buster.

my girls looove to help.

and they are the only kids in their school with chickens...guess what we brought last year in the spring....yup, a box of chicks and a cage with a grown bared rock.

kids had a blast...they got photos and then when the school went around to fesivals and the 4-H fair to "advertise" the school...our chicks with the kids at school pic was blown up real big....that was neat to see my kids and school buddies and our chicks representing.

me,
g

that reminds me of the garden plot we had set up for our dds.

dh got a metal rail he brought home from a customer to pitch.

i saved it and buried the ends so it looked like this: ^ but it stood about 4 feet high and it had rails up the slopes. then we planted beans and the beans climbed up it and the girls sat in the middle.

on the perimeter of the plot, i had a friend from the farmers market give us some lambs ears plants...those touchy feely kind of plants.

needless to say, I was upset when dh dug it up at the end of the season and hauled it off to the scrap yard and then he rototilled the lambs ears too. so much for those perennials.

the man is rototillar and lawn mower happy.

he's destroyed newly apple trees--well, with poison that time.

He's run over my newly planted grape vines, rasberry bushes, blueberry bushes, rhubarb, herbs, hosta, tulips and daffodiles and purple lillies...just to name a few.

So I took to putting BIG metal or terra cotta pots next to the things I planted so he won't run them down.

oh and i heard about people planting sunflowers in a circle to make like a kid hang out in the center.

me,
g

Back
Top Bottom