no heat/light, frigid temps and FIRST EGG!!!

dftkarin

Songster
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
I want to post in this forum because this is the board I've posted the most on and feel like some of you have seen me through my coop-building days and starting out with my chickens. They arrived as day-old chicks on July 10, my coop is unheated with no supp. light and its been especially frigid the last few days and today I found my first egg!! I am bursting with pride and thankful affectionate feelings for my sweet friendly hardy girls! I have 2 barred rocks, a glw and a australorp and I don't know for sure but I think maybe it was the australorp who layed the egg. I live in New England where the days are still really really short so I wasn't expecting eggs for quite a while - I feel lucky! Here's a picture of the lovely egg!!
12480_img_3009web.jpg

12480_img_3026web.jpg

What a feeling!. I can tell you are very proud of your first egg and rightfully so. And a beautifull egg it is. It's almost as if you layed it yourself!!
Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!! Great feeling isn't it, the payoff for your labor. Have you eaten it yet? They're tasty.
smile.png

My Australorp gave me my first egg too, Sunday, and has continued this week with 5 eggs in 6 days.

Congratulations on your first egg. Every day when I go out to collect eggs it's like christmas finding those precious packages.
love.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I've got a couple of Aussie hens that looks just like her - 'cept they won't come out in the snow even to stand on 1 foot
roll.png

Good for her! And good for you - this is the pay off for your hard work
cool.png
!

Steve

Australorps and Barred Rocks

Back
Top Bottom