No! I'm telling you! Its NOT a Polish Crested!

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
Ok, I have one of those glass hens sitting on a nest. You can take off the top half off and its like a candy dish. You all knoowof the thing im talking about. They come in the a bunch of colors...mine is clear. I like to keep my rocks in it. Its on kitchen windowsill rignt in front of the sink. I got it from my mom and I LOVE it. My DH HATES it. He keeps hiding it (found it in the the freezer once) and threatening to "drop it"... (he would never!) Here's the conversation when we got back from walking the dogs. Im in the bathroom right off the kitchen...

Him: What kind of chicken do you think your chicken on the windowsill that's about to get broken is?
Me: ummmm.
Him:what I think its a Polish Crested. (He likes to tease me by making up bird names or calling them by the wrong breed on purpose... im a bit ocd and he likes to hear me correct him..his favorite is Americana)
Mme: No, I don't think so. Id say she's a "Henwyn" (black austrolorpe)
Him: "No. I think its a Polish Crested.

At this point, Im like, what the heck? That thing has a single comb. Its not a crested, is it? So I come out in the kitchen to solve the dispute. And here's the chicken:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59865_2011-12-21_17-12-11_306.jpg

He
put a piece of moss from the dog walk on the chickens head. Funny guy!
love.gif

Now that's a move to be proud of. Tell him that Sourland George says, "Keep up the good work on behalf of all husbands."
big_smile.png

Totally in good fun! This is coming from the guy who said "No chickens!"...then I brought home 5, so he built me a coop. Then I multiplied and he built me an addition. Then I got quail and chukers, so he built me a quail enclosure.....the list goes on and on and on.....

AND he fixes the house when MY neurotic dog chews a hole through the wal:lovel....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59865_2011-08-18_15-53-53_394.jpg

He puts up with so much craziness from me, but since he loves me, and it makes me happy....yea, he's one of those GOOD guys....

So I will take a practical joke here, and a "which chicken are we eating tonite?".. every now and then.

Heehee, you should keep it that way! He'll never have the heart to break such a goofy creation
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom