No internal piping yet.

this is a little late but i have heard longer and the outcome was fine give a couple more days if it pips then leave it to do its job for 30-48 hours if still no improvement or doesn't pip at all then you may need to assist this is nothing to rush into though and make sure you do your research first we have had some survive assisted hatching and some die. keep me updated xx good luck ps there is a good article on assisted hatching on byc

Is your incubator still air or forced air? Have you calibrated your thermometer to make sure it's reading accurately? The egg is a little late at this point so my first guess would be that the temperature has been a little low.

Also, just to be sure, what date did you set the egg on?

I think it's a still air. The egg was put in the incubator on May 5. I've never calibrated my Bator. Or know what or how too (calibrate). I do know that the temp has dropped a degree or two for a few seconds. Same as the humidity.

If it was still air your temp has indeed been low, so that's why the gosling still hasn't hatched yet, it's a little behind :) Hopefully within the next couple of days.

So today is day 34. Candle the goose egg this morning. There doesn't seem to be any air sac is this normal. When I candled it I don't flip or move the egg.

I tried but I can't. There is still movement. Should I just leave it or poke a tiny hole. I'm :barniefreaking out. Its my first time. Don't know what to do.

Normally you would only want to put a hole in the air cell. Is it possible the air cell shifted? It may be farther down the egg now. It does move as the gosling gets into position for hatching.

I wish I could help more but without a picture I can't really see what's going on :(

Back
Top Bottom