No more chickens...

Quote:
I read a story a while back written by a lady that lived in NYC. She had a huge cage that she kept 2 silkie hens in. The silkies had plenty of room to move around, and would wear chicken diapers to wander the house. Lots of people on the board put chickens in chicken tractors that seem a bit small, and those birds are fine. What's wrong with a "chicken tractor" size cage in the house. I would think it would be OK for 2 birds. If you get house chickens, I would look for very small silkies, because they don't fly and and you wouldn't have to build a taller cage to accomodate them. I say go for it.

Oh, I almost forgot- Start lodging complaints about the neighbors' barking dog. I'll bet that somebody already has complained, and they thought it was you. Or maybe they thought that the chickens were what was making the dog bark. Also, spend lots of time in the yard. When they are out in theirs, don't say anything to them. Just stare at them. Don't do anything illegal. Just annoy the he!! out of them. Maybe they will move. You need to have a big neighborhood BBQ too. Invite everybody in the neighborhood, except them.

sorry about your trouble and your neighbors.

I wouldn't burn them out but I would make it my mission to make their lives miserable. Like oh telling the cops there are people coming and going constantly, could be drugs you know.
And that dog is barking all hours. And I would buy a drum set and an amplifier and bass guitar. Didn' you always want to have a rock band? And construction odd jobs should start at 7 am on a sunday always
And don't forget halloween is coming and I'm sure you can find someone to egg their house and cars. Don't forget the toilet paper

Thanks speckled hills your post was definitely encouraging
smile.png

Horse jody, I was thinking the same thing. I've seen those egglu's and they are pretty tiny. If I wanted I could build a large aviary out there, I was actually thinking about it for my starling. I was talking to a friend who took 2 of my chickens and she had seramas, she had to bring them inside for the winter and agrees they would be fine. Of course I wouldn't jump into doing it right now, If I did go through with it it would probably be next year or so. I don't understand this whole thing because down the street these people have a tiny yard with a small chainlink dog kennel with their potbelly pig in it! They had this pig for at least 4 years, but zoning allows it! It's just so confusing

lau.gif
purr! I'm keeping a close watch on them. She had the nerve to come to the fence yesterday and ask if I knew anything about miniature schnauzers because they put a deposit down on one. Of course I didn't answer and just went on with my business. I'm 17, but my parents were never really chicken people so their not all too upset. Oh an we do have both guitar and amplifier, what's worse is that I can't play a guitar to save my life so that should be fun/annoying. :p

Challenge them in small claims court and state that the complaint had nothing to do with your animals but was personal against your family member. I say small claims court because you lost the money invested in your birds due to a false complaint.

I am so sorry to hear all this. Do all that you can to patch things up even if you are angry! Most of the time people will be nice and understanding if they get to know you better. Try to find out WHY they have a hateful grudge against a family member. Maybe she felt bad and was trying to reach out with the question about dogs?

I'll bet that somebody already has complained, and they thought it was you.

I am always shocked that a neighbor does not have the courage to walk right up and say something to your face when they believe you have done, or are doing, something that bothers them!

Why can't people understand that your home is supposed to be the ONE place where you can relax and be happy? You should NOT have to worry that someone just 10 feet from your property line could make your life so miserable that you would actually want to sell your own home.

That said, you can't always be successful by being nice and trying to patch things up.

I was once out spraying GSE on fungus on a Dogwood tree and rosebush. The neighbor's little pool was right under the tree on the other side of the fence. I didn't think the GSE was getting anywhere near the pool, and if it were, it wouldn't hurt anything.

Rather than coming outside and asking me what the stuff was, the neighbor called child services, who came into her house from the alley in back. (I recognized her van).

They were standing at the window watching me, and I heard one kid yell "arrest her, she's trying to poison us!"

So I went over and knocked and asked nicely if there was a problem. I said that I thought maybe they were worried about what I was spraying. I had the bottle in my hand and sprayed some on my arms and right into my mouth. I said we used it for diaper rash on the baby all the time, and told her it was Grapefruit Seed Extract, a natural food.

I apologized for scaring them and asked her to come to me directly if she ever again saw me doing anything that bothered or upset her.

Once the services lady left (she never approached the door or spoke to me), the kids came out, turned on their hose full blast, and blasted the whole 20 ft. tree, fence and rose bushes along the fence for a good 10 minutes, as I was standing there watching.

Thank goodness they moved shortly thereafter. When I was giving plants away, she showed up to get some. I gave her four with a smile.​

Thanks Chelsea, I guess I always have my other animals to keep me busy that happens.

Kate, At the time their dirtbike was stolen, they thought it was my brother, that's what happened and that's why they made the complaint on my birds. Later they found out the bike was stolen and taken 2 states away and stripped, he had nothing to do with it so they took the complaint back cause they "felt bad". The neighbor told me that when she had her husband call back to take the complaint away, the guy that came out here to issue the ticket asked him to reconsider and go through with it. I have had the state vet out here to take blood samples of my birds, I registered with the state, I pretty much did everything I thought I could do to keep em! My parents are also tired of it so to keep the stress down I made the decision to get rid of them. That's why I am thinking through the serama idea, if not I'll stick to my current animals and byc lol.

That's really awful Amber...
I am always shocked that a neighbor does not have the courage to walk right up and say something to your face when they believe you have done, or are doing, something that bothers them!

Well, Chicabee, that's what happened to me too...I got a complaint sent into the Health Dept because a 6 week old rooster's crowing was "making her migraines worse"...it's called a hangover boys and girls...this neighbour was even coming home from a PTA thingee and drove off the road...an uninterested party informed me of this later...

The only thing that finally made her back off was when we called in the Police when her darling child offered to smash Slifer's head in with a stick.​

Back
Top Bottom