No more eggs for our neighbors

I also have a neighbor with a barking dog. They are right across the road and the kennel sits about 100 yds from their house with the dog in there all the time (except when the boy comes out to play with it). What really gets me is that it is a Jack Russel Terrier and should be a house dog. We live in the country and it has been very cold and snowy and still the dog is outside.

chickensducks&agoose :

My dog (border collie/lab mix), barks when something is outside, or when she THINKS something is outside, or when there is a funny noise on tv... like a whistle, or another dog. Most dogs bark only when they perceive a threat or possible change in their territory... You should talk to your neighbors, and ask if maybe they can keep their dogs inside at night, but be kind and understanding, because they are unlikely to move away, so you're going to be dealing with them for a long, long time to come... and in reference to the dramamine comment, "Dramamine, or Benadryl will give them (and you) a good nights sleep. ", is that for the dogs or the people?

For the dog. When my wife and I were dating she had a dog that would get car sick. We gave it a dramamine and it wslept the whole trip. There was just a post on another thread about using benadryl for a dog tranquilizer.
wink.png

WOOOF wooofff woooooof woooooof woof wof grrllllll woooof woooof wooooof wooooooof woooooooof grrlllll wooooof===
ALL DAY.

Let me explain a little bit of my situation. I say I like my barking dogs. My dogs will bark at something that doesn't belong, or something that does not sound right (i.e. coyotes howling at night). Should the chickens get excited they will bark. Thank goodness mine do not bark day and night. I'd hate to get shot!!!
big_smile.png
Also, my closest neighbor is down the road a ways.

That's so annoying to hear dogs barking all day. Are they quiet at night when their owners are home? If so, the neighbors may not know that the dog barks all day. Did you speak to them about it?

I have a dog and she barks but usually at something that is out of ordinary..and we have her close to the coop good protection..and we are surrounded all way around our place by barking dogs and roosters crowing which I love the roosters crowing..I don't have to worry about making to much noise with dog or chickens..if an ordinance in country here we will all have to get rid of our animals..

Back
Top Bottom