No more rats! Whee hee!

Do you think there's a danger of a rat grabbing one of these bait balls but then dropping it where a chicken could get it? Or are they so tasty that they always gobble them up right where they find them? Do they harden on their own after a while?

I don't think a chicken would get it. They usually grab and run when they're around the chickens, and I put the bait outside the run and coop.

Quote:
I want you to know I had to go out to the car and get my shopping notes to answer this. It's not a brand named "just one bite," but it is the same principle. I think the info originally came from NiftyChicken. Look for their products called Hawk, Jaguar, and Rampage. I wrote down the ingredient and bought bromadiolone under a different brand name at my Ace today.

http://www.motomco.com/

Why olive oil specifically? That stuff is 'spensive! Is it just because it's strong-smelling? Would vegetable oil work just as well?

dunno about the olive oil. Just don't use water because it will cause the plaster to set. Veggie oil should work just fine.

How fast does this kill the rats?

Do the rats die somewhere and then rot, like with poison?

Is it toxic to secondary consumers? (If my dogs were to decide to chew on a "rat rock", would they be poisoned? Or the chickens for that matter?)

Are you able to control where the rats die, by providing water? If I were to leave a chick waterer as the only water source at night, would they die at the waterer?

Just curious. This method is interesting, but I wish to know more about it before using it.

-Kim

i got a package yesterday at Lowes for $5.63 I think that will make all the poison i need Hope so.My hens are almost naked from the feathers being pulled out.
barnie.gif
marrie

Back
Top Bottom