No Nonsense, chickens are livestock, advise. Tell me like it is.

We can pick any opinion to death. Lets please not get bogged down into opinions over someone else's opinion. Gosh.

I guess I am not normal or human. I could butcher my dog without second thought if need be. I respect and love him as a pet, companion and friend. Same goes for the chickens, cows and even the horses when we owned them. They are animals, I am human and above them on the food chain. Could I walk up to an elephant and shoot him in the head, sure. Not really an issue, would I, not unless I needed food. Shooting a deer, elk, elk, squirrel, fish,rabbit, etc. is very much the same Killing an animal is not a sin, not inhumane, not evil, not wrong, not disrespectful, etc. The main problem is so many people do not HAVE to kill their food anymore to eat. THAT is the problem, not those of us who take the time to do it ourselves, properly. Animals kill animals all the time, and sometimes for no reason at all. I suppose they are not normal humans either. Guess I'm out of luck. Anybody out there know where an abnormal non-human can get a beer???

As for good advise for raising chickens... Raise them 'dirty' and cold, don't use bleach, don't use medicated feed, let their water set for a while before you change it, and for us deep litter and chicken nipples have been an absolute blessing, and would never hesitate to recommend their use.

The topic should say it all... "No Nonsense, chickens are livestock, advise. Tell me like it is."

The OP clearly stated that they want advice from those who believe that chickens are livestock, not pets... For someone to get offended at the mere thought of this is like posting a topic, "I need a mechanic.. What gasoline should I use?" and someone getting offended because they have an electric car...

The mental part of killing a chicken is *not* easy but you learn to deal with it when it's necessary (illness, injury, deformity or food).. Do I enjoy cutting a day old chick's head off? No! But I will do it if I need to without hesitation...

The physical part of killing is pretty simple as long as it is done properly..

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Well i am an animal lover and would keep chickens as pets. Everyone has there own opinion. The OP stated that all chickens are livestock which would definetly make someone made, sure that might not have been the purpose but i am just saying that it might cause people to fight.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom