No one wants to hear it! (pics and videos)

These are about 6 months and it's the middle of winter here. But it's very mild at the moment so that may have jump started them! Is the one you rescued the one that had the broken leg?

Yikes! I get worried when I see the neighbours cat prowling about!

Yes, and the impacted crop so if she never lays that's ok everyone's welcomed here I have a buff that uses all her energy into growing the poofiest of feathers lol

I'm in winter as well but it's desert winter my buff orps have never stopped in winter, this is their prime time bc of all the feathers but the eggers have slowed down during winter
Many late molted .... they will be 1 yr old end of this month

You could almost say they were a rescue seeing that all 19 purchased came with pasty butt we had to clean lol
120.JPG

Yes, and the impacted crop so if she never lays that's ok everyone's welcomed here I have a buff that uses all her energy into growing the poofiest of feathers lol

I'm in winter as well but it's desert winter my buff orps have never stopped in winter, this is their prime time bc of all the feathers but the eggers have slowed down during winter
Many late molted .... they will be 1 yr old end of this month

You could almost say they were a rescue seeing that all 19 purchased came with pasty butt we had to clean lol
View attachment 1634998
I have five ex battery hens(I did have six but one died a couple of weeks back:() that I got August 2017. They are nearly 3 yrs now. Only one maybe two of them lay but I didn't get them for eggs. I have three white stars that lay like troopers! They're all over 4 yrs now! One had a really bad prolapse last year, she stopped laying for a couple of weeks and she's back at it! I'd be happy for them to stop now. I don't mind freeloaders, I just want them happy and healthy.

Exactly I saw a blog once where they said if they dont get an egg in 3 days from a hen she culls them, I thought that cruel and dumb too really

That's great about the battery hens I'm trying to educate the public about what really goes on
I know this is in UK but have you seen this?
https://www.bhwt.org.uk/
This is who I got my hens from. I could have cried when I went to pick them up. They were the lucky ones. When I have more space I'll get some more. They are just the friendliest hens ever! Always under my feet when I'm trying to clean the coops though!!

I know this is in UK but have you seen this?
https://www.bhwt.org.uk/
This is who I got my hens from. I could have cried when I went to pick them up. They were the lucky ones. When I have more space I'll get some more. They are just the friendliest hens ever! Always under my feet when I'm trying to clean the coops though!!

Poor babies, I don't know if there is something like that in the states, I saw a video on YouTube called the secret lives of chickens and they talk of a rescue shelter in the UK

Back
Top Bottom