No tail feathers and blood.

Newchickontheblock3

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2022
It's been raining here for 3 days straight. All my chicks and 2 more roos (no one wants the roos) in the coop hiding out. I just noticed my poor roo-14 weeks old with no tail feathers and blood. I have put him inside a kennel and am wondering if there is anything I can put on him to speed up the healing process?. This is my first flock. Anything else anyone has to add?
20220823_161710.jpg

Rinse it off with water or saline and apply antibiotic ointment. add a big of blue food coloring to the ointment to hide the blood. The others must be picking him from boredom or cramped quarters from the rain.
Yes. Everyone else is fine and I have never seen them peck. I think it has to do with the large amounts of rain we finally had. Thank you. How many days do you think he will need for recovery? he's not a happy camper in the kennel.

Yes. Everyone else is fine and I have never seen them peck. I think it has to do with the large amounts of rain we finally had. Thank you. How many days do you think he will need for recovery? he's not a happy camper in the kennel.
It will be a while, unfortunately. Give a few days for it to scab properly and you can try putting him in.

Back
Top Bottom