No Yolk in some eggs, WHY?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thereverend, Aug 1, 2010.

1. thereverend

thereverend Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2010
    I have a chicken that has not been putting Yolks in her eggs. The people that I have given my eggs to LOVE it and want to know how i did it and if i can replicate it.
    is there a way to do this.. Must be if its happening right??? and why is it happening..

2. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    i don't know why but if can figure out how you are doing it i would love to know.

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Cholesterol free eggs! New niche in the egg market!

4. Chickiemama1010

Chickiemama1010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Sullivan
    Oh wow. Never heard of that except with "fart" eggs, which are usually really small. I never had a fart egg myself, but read about it on here from others.
    On a side note give eggs to friends and fam sometimes when i have surplus & one of my friends always boils the eggs and tosses the yolk, or he makes egg white omlettes etc. but he never eats the yolk. I think its the best part, creamy yellow yolk. I wish i knew the trick, since I always feel a pang when i hand him a dozen knowing their yolkless fate...

5. chickie<3

chickie<3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    that's my kinda egg!!!! Hate wasting the yolk when I make my egg white omelets...I LOVE THE YOLK FREE CONCEPT...if you figure out how you did it let me know!

6. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Quote:[​IMG] Specifically "I never had a fart egg myself..."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  7. mbnewby

mbnewby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    how old the chicken that may be key to this whole thing maybe shes run out of yolk and here rest of her egg production system dosent know it so it thinks thing are bussines as usall so you get an egg with out the yolk

8. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I've had plenty of wind or fart eggs but never a full sized egg without a yolk. Consider all those that are on these egg white omelet kicks if you could develop a chicken that did this if would be worth a fortune except you'd have to clone them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by