Non-Broiler Breed for Meat?

Last edited:
How do you like the dark cornish both as eating and to raise? DH loves the looks of them and I might make him happy and order some next year. Maybe he'll build me a second coop.

We are very pleased with them, they are a little nervous tempered but not real bad (Compared to Buff Orpingtons) They are close feathered so they look smaller than they are, when you pick them up they are solid as a brick. The have a blueish green tint to the feathers and it really shines in the sun, the eggs are about medium size though. That was our only complaint about them for eating egg sales. So far this year they have actually made money thru egg sales on ebay and chick sales. Matter of fact we used some of the eggs as packing material in an order we sent to Leslie in North Pole.

Steve in NC

Sunnyside's Black dual purpose might be nice to try for homegrown. I really don't care about feed conversion or growing time. I just want a healthy, tasty finished product.

Thanks for the links!

Quote:
I don't mind if the eggs at large, I can make up for that with my duck eggs
wink.png
MY DH thinks they look kind of prehistoric. I'll do almost anything to keep him interested in my new hobby.
smile.png

Where did you get your Dark Cornish?

Back
Top Bottom