Non hatching eggs

terryschamp

Hatching
Jul 19, 2019
I know many have ask why after many eggs hatch we still have some that dont. The ones I have that didnt were fully developed but failed to hatch and very wet inside. I watched the temp. and humidity level and thought I did everything right but still lost 18 chicks. The 12 that hatched are healthy and doing well.

Humidity can be a tricky thing. What kind of incubator do you use?
Never use a still air incubator. You’ll end up just killing developing chicks from the coldspots and hotspots created by the still air incubator.

Humidity can be a tricky thing. What kind of incubator do you use?
Never use a still air incubator. You’ll end up just killing developing chicks from the coldspots and hotspots created by the still air incubator.
I have a farm innovator with fan, auto egg turner I have two extra thermometers and monitor the humidity level all the time. I may try rotating the eggs and try dry hatching

I have a farm innovator with fan, auto egg turner I have two extra thermometers and monitor the humidity level all the time. I may try rotating the eggs and try dry hatching

Seems decently optimal. I have a Brinsea that turns every 160 minutes, no cooling, 99.8F permanently and 55% humidity permanently until day 18.
From day 18 till hatching I have humidity at 73% and temperature at 99.3F until they hatch. Almost perfect hatches.

What day did it seem like they died? Day 18?

Back
Top Bottom