NON STOP crowing!

Chickenkeepr

Chirping
May 5, 2015
Watertown, NY
I have one rooster, and 25 hens. He crows NON STOP. I'm talking every 2-3 min his mouth is running. I'm sick of it and I'm ready to kill him at this point. My mother loves him though so I told her she needs to get a no-crow collar for him. Do they work? Is there anything else I can do to shut him up? He's the only rooster, no other Roos in the area.

Embrace the crow!!

I love the sound of my roosters crowing!
I do too!
One of my roos crowed nonstop when he finally got his "man" voice, I think he was just proud n excited..Lol
Couple of the hens and one of the other roos got sick of this I think cause I saw em pounce him mid crow one time and he became much more "polite" about it from then on! lol

I told her she needs to get it ordered today because my arm is getting tired of throwing everything I can find at him.

How much space do you have - how many hens to rooster?

It appears you may be giving him the attention that he wants, even if it is throwing things at him. He has you trained to appear when he crows:) Give him something else to do beside look to you for entertainment. Rake up some leaves, grass, pineneedles and add to the run - this will inspire him to find goodies for the girls. Hang a cabbage, bundle of kale, apples, etc. for them to pick at.

Personally, if he is bothering you that much, then it may be best to re-home him. I am not an advocate of no-crow collars. While I can see that some people feel that it is a benefit to them so they can keep a beloved rooster, it would need to be closely monitored and adjusted -daily.
Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom