NONONO!!! I think it's trying to CROW!!! Added pics for eye candy!! :)

I had a GLW that did almost the same thing, opened its mouth and stretched its neck like it was trying to crow.

Well, about 4 weeks later (10 weeks old) I'm positive that little GLW is a girl. So there is hope...

Quote:
bow.gif
Thank you. Everything else about HER (fingers crossed, LOL) screams it's a girl.

I am thankful, though, that I have a couple that wants a couple more roos for their flock, so I'll have a good home for any roos. This one if I have to rehome will go with stipulations though. She looks like a chipmunk (we've been calling her chickmunk) & is the sweetest of the bunch. Sleeps in my hand and everything.

This is chickmunk, isn't *she* beautiful???

007small-4.jpg

008small-3.jpg

006small-4.jpg

See, even her back under her wings is striped:

010small-4.jpg

Quote:
Are the others EEs feathered out more than this one? The lack of feathering across the back & wing bows (shoulders) is what I'm looking at. Also that this chick looks to have thick legs.
It's still really too early to tell though. Another 2 weeks or so should make it more certain. EEs can be tricky.

Please calm down! I have two EEs who looked just like yours at that age and both are pullets. Yours has no sigh of a comb. Looks like you're in the clear.
smile.png
Also, the opening the beak and stretching the neck thing is NOT an attempt at crowing. I had the same fear about mine when they started doing it, but it's nothing. Just a yawn, or whatever......
wink.png

Quote:
Are the others EEs feathered out more than this one? The lack of feathering across the back & wing bows (shoulders) is what I'm looking at. Also that this chick looks to have thick legs.
It's still really too early to tell though. Another 2 weeks or so should make it more certain. EEs can be tricky.

Negative. This one has the skinniest of the legs & has more of a feathering & it's quite small compared. I'll see if I can get a pic of this one & the accused roo together real quick. BBS with that.

Quote:
K, if they are all feathering pretty much the same and nobody is looking real scrawny compared to the others, you probably have nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom