Surely this tail is suspicious.

Attachments

• 33116892-8DF2-4D0F-BCEB-C0C709EDED03.jpeg
    33116892-8DF2-4D0F-BCEB-C0C709EDED03.jpeg
    598.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 199ABA50-34CF-442F-A680-AC5BDF64C4C9.jpeg
    199ABA50-34CF-442F-A680-AC5BDF64C4C9.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 3
And the neck feathers raised against the other chickens, the need to assert dominance, the fact that Stormy needs to chase away every creature in sight from the yard? I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do now 😭😭😭

How am I supposed to tell a hen from a rooster then?? If they crow the same, have the same habits, and it’s a mixed breed so there’s so much uncertainty with the feathers.

She has a female specific pattern and no male specific feathers. Those two things do not lie.

She's right at the age where if she were male, those specific feathers and coloring would be coming in.

Are you not allowed roosters, or do just not want a crower?

She has a female specific pattern and no male specific feathers. Those two things do not lie.

She's right at the age where if she were male, those specific feathers and coloring would be coming in.

Are you not allowed roosters, or do just not want a crower?
What colouring, because Stormy has a bluey green shine to the feathers. I live in a very close residential area and everyone around me can hear the crowing. I don’t want them to get taken away.

Please give me a bit, I’m having an anxiety attack. These are my first chickens, so I don’t want to give them away, but I’m being told many things by different people on here and in real life. I can’t deal with the crowing though, it’s making me very anxious.
Deep breaths. :hugs

As long as you haven't gotten any complaints, I say wait a bit. The crowing will stop and she will start laying.

Post some more photos in good lighting tomorrow. Ones that show her back and from the side.

Back
Top Bottom