NOOOOO, Sweet PDZ come back!

jennifleur

Songster
6 Years
Jan 14, 2015
Temecula
Hello all, My hubby just got back from the feed store and told me that Sweet PDZ or stall fresh was out and will no longer be stocked because the parent PDZ company is closing, closed down.
I love the granular PDZ for my ducks, quail pen, brooder, artificial turf and cat litter box. It absorbs ammonia odor, helps with drainage, improves soil texture, absorbs moisture, safe if ingested and acts as slow release nitrogen fertilizer.
Buy it now if you can, and if you know of an alternative source, please post it.
Thanks

Hi there Buck Oakes. I've been good about calling my brown muscovies Chocolate!
Yes it's safe for ducks. Its a natural mineral zeolite formed from volcanic activity. It's completely inert and passes through the ducks harmlessly, like sand or grit.

edited oates to Oakes. oops sorry

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me. I went to the feed store, and they said they were clean out of it! They didn't mention the part about the company shutting down, though
hmm.png

From what I can tell so far. Steelhead Specialty Minerals is the parent company, at least for the brand of PDZ stocked at our feed store. It looks like they have had issues with Mesothelioma from Erionite. One of the minerals they mine. This is just from what I could find online digging around. This is unconfirmed, guessing, pondering, speculation on my part. I'm just trying to figure out whats going on.

Hi there Buck Oakes. I've been good about calling my brown muscovies Chocolate!
Yes it's safe for ducks. Its a natural mineral zeolite formed from volcanic activity. It's completely inert and passes through the ducks harmlessly, like sand or grit.

edited oates to Oakes. oops sorry

XD thanks for telling me about this stuff its gonna help sooooo much!!!

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would mention that from what I can tell, Manna Pro bought out the Sweet PDZ brand.

Here is a quote.

"Manna Pro Joins Forces with Sweet PDZ!
Sweet PDZ is the number one selling brand in the Stall Refresher/Odor Neutralizer category, and is a part of Manna Pro's portfolio of premium quality equine health products. Find Sweet PDZ's complete line of stall refresher products wherever Manna Pro products are sold."

Back
Top Bottom