(Noooooooooooooooo ! ) Toulouse Eggs in the Bator !!

crazychicken

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
NC
ya.gif
here they are, They will go in as soon as the bator heats up.

15667_picture_91.jpg

for their story go here ---> https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151350&p=3

THANK YOU SO MUCH MissPrissy !

Last edited:
Quote:
Well this will be my first time with anything other than chicken, so I am just going to toss em in and cross my fingers and stay on BYC. MissPrissy has been a great help.

Quote:
No way what day are you on ?

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for you.

I have 4 sebbie eggs with movement that should be pipping at any time now. I am almost holding my breath.
fl.gif

barnie.gif
I went to add water to bump up the humidity, before I put the eggs in and when humidity got to where I wanted It I opened it up to put the eggs in and I was greeted with the aromatic smell of strong bleach.
barnie.gif
I washed it with plain water again this morning and it was in the sun all day. I think I will just go without the tray and screen since I think that is what smells. I will just use a bowl for humidity and I will got to Walmart or somewhere before they hatch and get some shelf liner stuff.
but still I just can't get a break.
he.gif
I am going to let it air out a while then try it with a bowl. besides this will give the goslings a little more head room when they hatch. I just don't know what to do
hu.gif

yeah when I got it out I found out that it was the problem. it smelled strongly of it while the incubator bottom was fine.
thanks for letting me know about TSC I will have to go there soon to get more layer feed anyway we are out. except for what the chickens have.

What is the humidity for the first 28 days supposed to be ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom