Normal for a duck egg?

My2butterflies

Crowing
Apr 14, 2020
Minnesota
Today is day 19 for my duck eggs. I’m familiar with chickens, turkeys, and guineas, but not ducks. I’m a little puzzled on this particular egg. It doesn’t look the same as the others. Lots of veining and there is slight movement. Is it normal for duck eggs to look sorta strange?

This is the egg in question. I’d love everyone’s thoughts on it. Is it possibly not growing right?

i’m not too familiar with ducks either, but he looks fine to me!

why do you say he looks different than the rest?
Just the way there is a small dark mass on one side and connects to the bigger mass on the other side. It looks like it isn’t as mature and filled out as the rest of my eggs.
It’s a forced air incubator so I wouldn’t think there are cold spots in it.

Just the way there is a small dark mass on one side and connects to the bigger mass on the other side. It looks like it isn’t as mature and filled out as the rest of my eggs.
It’s a forced air incubator so I wouldn’t think there are cold spots in it.
mine is a forced air but somehow still has cold spots.
It does look underdeveloped for day 19, but since there are veins and movement, keep it in. Perhaps move it around the incubator, incase it is in a cool spot. More time will determine whether it is going to pass or continue growing, keep a close eye on it.
Best of luck!

mine is a forced air but somehow still has cold spots.
It does look underdeveloped for day 19, but since there are veins and movement, keep it in. Perhaps move it around the incubator, incase it is in a cool spot. More time will determine whether it is going to pass or continue growing, keep a close eye on it.
Best of luck!
Will do for sure!
I do tend to rearrange eggs when I do candling, so they never stay in the same spot the whole time:)

Back
Top Bottom