Normal size for day 18?

Looks to be pretty dangerous for the hatchlings able to get stuck in turner, and the eggs should be laid on their sides at lockdown so the hatchlings can position themselves for hatching.
I didn't just do as they said blindly- I read about it-
As long as the fat end isn't down I guess they're fine. Just never hatch them skinny side up.
Also heard it's apparently common to hatch shipped eggs upright because of the air pockets.
I've seen several do this-
-
Any other time I hatch them on their sides, is just everyone I spoke to said they hatched upright. :confused: . So I gave it a try.

Also heard it's apparently common to hatch shipped eggs upright because of the air pockets.
Common to incubate shipped eggs upright but not hatching.
I didn't just do as they said blindly- I read about it-
As long as the fat end isn't down I guess they're fine. Just never hatch them skinny side up.
I've seen several do this-
-
Any other time I hatch them on their sides, is just everyone I spoke to said they hatched upright. :confused: . So I gave it a try.
Again, they incubate upright but do not hatch upright. And I have never seen anybody suggest leaving that type of turner in for hatching, so many ways for hatchlings to get caught/stuck/injured/die.

Common to incubate shipped eggs upright but not hatching.

Again, they incubate upright but do not hatch upright. And I have never seen anybody suggest leaving that type of turner in for hatching, so many ways for hatchlings to get caught/stuck/injured/die.
What other turners are there?
I hear people sit them in cartons sometimes so that they're upright but as far as turners the only ones I've seen other than this one are the ones where the eggs are on their sides the whole time. (Not just lockdown)
-
I haven't seen a chick get stuck yet, I'm constantly checking, they're all just bouncing around.
I'll probably just go back to laying them on their sides- But I am fixing to set shipped eggs.

All the holes and gaps in that type of turner is a death sentence for hatchlings left in incubator for hatching. The others you are speaking of just usually incubate shipped eggs upright for a few days or so not turning in beginning of incubation to let air cells settle. I have never seen or heard of anybody hatching shipping eggs upright.

All the holes and gaps in that type of turner is a death sentence for hatchlings left in incubator for hatching. The others you are speaking of just usually incubate shipped eggs upright for a few days or so not turning in beginning of incubation to let air cells settle. I have never seen or heard of anybody hatching shipping eggs upright.
One person in particular was telling me about shipped eggs and what they do to incubate and hatch.
She's a breeder in NC.
She said don't set them until they sit for 24 hours, when I set them don't turn for the first 5 days and set them upright-
After 5 days turn on the turner and at lockdown turn it off.
At this point she said,
"You can either lay them down or keep them upright. In my case I prefer to leave them upright for lockdown."
-
It doesn't really matter to me, but I'm perfectly fine with doing it like I used to. (Side.)
So that's what I'll do.

Have those hatchlings that you show pipped yesterday fully hatched yet?
One person in particular was telling me about shipped eggs and what they do to incubate and hatch.
She's a breeder in NC.
She said don't set them until they sit for 24 hours, when I set them don't turn for the first 5 days and set them upright-
After 5 days turn on the turner and at lockdown turn it off.
At this point she said,
"You can either lay them down or keep them upright. In my case I prefer to leave them upright for lockdown."
-
It doesn't really matter to me, but I'm perfectly fine with doing it like I used to. (Side.)
So that's what I'll do.
I would remove any hatchlings to a heated brooder as soon as possible so they don't get injured.

Back
Top Bottom