North By newbie

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!
Thank you i will keep the list handy and some stuff for me LOl

G’Day from down under backbeat :frow Welcome & Congratulations!

Do I have some reading material for you!

First up, you might be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

If you have not decided on a breed yet, this article may be of assistance: Pickin a Chicken

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. A few that might be of interest to you are:
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens
Topic of the Week - Building a Chicken Coop
Topic of the Week - Nest boxes
Topic of the Week - Perches for Coop and Run

BYC also has a Meat Birds Forum

That should keep you busy for a while ;)

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out :p

G’Day from down under backbeat :frow Welcome & Congratulations!

Do I have some reading material for you!

First up, you might be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

If you have not decided on a breed yet, this article may be of assistance: Pickin a Chicken

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. A few that might be of interest to you are:
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens
Topic of the Week - Building a Chicken Coop
Topic of the Week - Nest boxes
Topic of the Week - Perches for Coop and Run

BYC also has a Meat Birds Forum

That should keep you busy for a while ;)

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out :p
Thanks Teila

Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us! welcome.gif
You are just next door to me, I'm from Manitoba!:frow

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Back
Top Bottom