North Carolina

Quote:
Hello, I used to live in Youngsville...on John Mitchell RD.
I miss it up there.
Nice to hear from someone up that way.

...Joanna

Yes the other post is mine...but i switched

Quote:
I miss it up there.

...Joanna

I miss it up there.

...Joanna

lol.png
LOL..and I accidentally signed in under my old name...ha ah..lol
now I am on my right one...lol.
lol.png

Quote:
Funny thing is, I live in Fl but I know where Monroe, Waxhaw, and Gastonia NC are. I was there in june, i have friends that are custom bike builders/painters so I got an offer to come help paint a chopper that was going to be on The Today Show on NBC.

That was in Waxhaw and the husband of this chopper buildin family is also the Custom fabricator for Carolina Harley, so i drove up to Gastonia to check out his shop and some stuff he had built and new stuff he was working on. By the way...I-85 is INSANE!!!!!!! and I'm even used to heavy traffic.

Thats a really nice area up there, I camped out at Andrew jackson state park. I wouldn't give up living here but it was kinda nice to see hills for a change.

I also saw Rowan County on the list, not a big fan....there was an annual motorcycle rally at rowan county fairgrounds and this year the ol high and mighty city council of Salisbury decided the bikers were an annoyance to them and told them this would be the last year for the Smoke out rally.
Funny thing, in 7 yrs of the Smoke out there have been 2 arrests total, public drunkenness and the other was dumba.... billy lane showin off and crashing his bike into someones beemer.
All the city council did was make local businesses lose ALOT of money, they loved all the bikers coming to town and dropping cash. Most of the business owners were not very happy when they found out they wouldnt be making all that money next year. People shouldnt be judged on a stereotype, these are just average people who build choppers, came to town, rented the fairgrounds, had fun, didnt bother anyone, brought revenue to a small town and they were basically kicked out due to some councilwomans morality issues. ...so yeh anyway too bad for salisbury.

Ok so anyway, NC's beautiful state

Last edited:
Im from Hillsborough NC ... Grew up down east in North Carolina but have lived here for 25 yrs or more. .. Ive been working on my Coop .. just cemented the corner posts today.

Mark

Welcome aboard Zylphrix

My brother lived with his dad a while in Hillsborough when he was young and even after he was "grown up",
so I know exactly where you are.

So, how many chickens do you have/plan on getting and
what kinds?

Im supposed to go look at a friends flock sometime this week .. tuesday i think is the plan .. he has Morans, Sex Link Reds, Brown Leghorns, White LegHorns, Americanas, and i swear he saind Bantha but maybe he said Brahma .. anyway he said he could part with maybe 3 Hens .. so I get to choose from those breeds, I think one Moran for sure , any suggestions? .. eventually I want 10 to 15 chickens .. I dont want any Roosters unless i need one for some reason ... and I would like to find a sweet tempered wyandotte Hen as I like thier look:)

Im very interested in the smaller Bantam variety .. but im a little confused on the whole pullet/bantam/regular hen thing.

I plan on posting pictures of my coop after its done .. Im taking pictures as I build it. .. actually the first stages of the build are on my BYC page.
wink.png

Mark

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom